Herring bone oil / fuel pipe.

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Fuel hose

Another pitfall with some "fuel pipe" is that it consists of a black rubber sheath over what appears to be a nylon pipe (as described below). The problem I found was that it has proved impossible to stop fuel seeping between the impervious plastic core, and the highly pervious, soluble in petrol, rubber sheath. I suspect this is because the "fuel pipe" isn't intended for push-on connections plus ferrules. It's not a pretty sight...the outer looks like Norah Batty's stockings. Luckily I managed to buy "herringbone" pipe for the Vin so it's a lesser make that has to suffer.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
That sounds like a special application product intended for a particular type of fitting. If I saw a photo I could probably identify it.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Fuel pipe

Sold by Armours among others, usually has a line of blue print down one side giving EU specifications or the like, and always including the word branstoff. Not to be confused with branvin, fire-wine, aka Norwegian moonshine. However hideous, functionally one is better off with reinforced PVC.