help urgently needed

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Peter Sprot who is riding his Rapide to the Arctic Circle has broken down in Germany.His ATD has stripped and the spare he took is no good.Can anyone help him please.
I will arrange to get him a new one shipped if it is possible.
If you can help him he is here
Gasthof Zum rehbrook
Strasse / Nr.: Street / No:
REHBROOK 1

PLZ / Ort: Postal Code / Town:
22967 TREMSBÜTTEL

Land Country
DEUTSCHLAND GERMANY

Telefon: Telephone:
(04532) 3044

Country code 0049

Many thanks in anticipation...John
Nearest large City Hamburg

Last edited:
G

Graham Smith

Hi John

We obviously have a number of Members in Germany (in excess of 80 from memory). Have you had a look at the Emergency Rider's Book, as there's bound to be some emergency contact numbers in there.

Unfortunately, the latest version of this book is currently at the printers and isn't due to go out with MPH until August.

If all else fails, there's the two Section Organisers in Germany who I'm sure will be more than happy to help (details inside the last edition of MPH)

Finally, please let Peter know that a Comet would have been far more reliable!

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Atd

Roy Price, (44) 1480 473 225, sent me a new ATD which arrived three days after I posted my cheque. He must have sent it the day the cheque arrived. It cost £155 including next day (UK) delivery. I had four others "in stock": they were all completely worn out. I am therefore a bit wary of second-hand ones.
Peter Sprot who is riding his Rapide to the Arctic Circle has broken down in Germany.His ATD has stripped and the spare he took is no good.Can anyone help him please.
I will arrange to get him a new one shipped if it is possible.
If you can help him he is here
Gasthof Zum rehbrook
Strasse / Nr.: Street / No:
REHBROOK 1

PLZ / Ort: Postal Code / Town:
22967 TREMSBÜTTEL

Land Country
DEUTSCHLAND GERMANY

Telefon: Telephone:
(04532) 3044

Country code 0049

Many thanks in anticipation...John
Nearest large City Hamburg

C

Cogvessel

VOC and Scandinavian VC member Andreas Wegner lives in Lübeck, not very far from Peter.
He may be of some help.
Mats

Last edited by a moderator:

nkt267

VOC Member
Peter has been in contact with Andreas and we will see what happens tomorrow.

Shadowman

VOC Member
I was on the fast No1 motorway in Germany and just turning off it when several loud bangs followed by silence. The Auto Advence Retard had shed 8 teeth. I had a spare which was not good but good enough. I used the springs off the broken one. Unfortunately in the intence heat of the day and the fact I was on the curling motorway slip road made me do two stupid things. The first was to re-time the bike on the wrong side of the cam. The other was to break a carbon brush to the HT lead. This I fixed by grinding down a spare which was intended for the inside of the points. The other problem I did not realise even when I rode the bike (that was a ****** to start as you would expect) I went less than a mile and knew something was very wrong but still didn't know what, it was enough to get me off the road and into a safe area which just happened to have a hotel.
Then I phoned John Hood in UK who looked up German members. So I would like to thank John in UK and Terry in Germany and a special thanks to Andreas who came to the hotel with his timing gear and loaned me another ATD incase my spare also fails. It is great to be in a club with people like this involved.
We are now in near Copenhagen and will cross into Sweden in the morning.