Help required

bryan b

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi all
I am new to this forum and would like to know where to post a question with regards to a appropriate place on the forum to ask about parts wanted,exchange or sale .as I cannot find a specific section.

Bryan

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi all
I am new to this forum and would like to know where to post a question with regards to a appropriate place on the forum to ask about parts wanted,exchange or sale .as I cannot find a specific section.

Bryan
Welcome to the forum Brian. There is no specific For Sale section on this forum. (Rules section 3(e) The VOC Forum prohibits advertising, spam and/or solicitation within the body of individual forum posts.) You may occasionally find a mention of someone looking for a rare parts and this is generally not frowned on.
There are places online where you can often find Vincent parts, e.g. eBay, etc. MPH has ads at the back with parts for sale and there is also a "Wanted" section. Ads are free to members.

Howard

VOC Member
You could try thevincent.com it's based in the States, but I've bought a Comet in the UK that was advertised there.

People have tried to start a "swap shop" here, but it didn't really get off the ground. I think people prefer to sell parts on ebay, it's got a bigger audience and most items seem to reach a "market" price. None of us mind doing deals or letting fellow members have parts on a mates rate, but sometimes ebay has it's place.

H

Howard

VOC Member
Ebay? Where else can you sell a used, unseen large steel idler for £129 when the club shop sells new ones for £135 ? No I didn't sell it, but I might have bought it 49 bids before it ended!

H

bryan b

Active Forum User
VOC Member
You could try thevincent.com it's based in the States, but I've bought a Comet in the UK that was advertised there.

People have tried to start a "swap shop" here, but it didn't really get off the ground. I think people prefer to sell parts on ebay, it's got a bigger audience and most items seem to reach a "market" price. None of us mind doing deals or letting fellow members have parts on a mates rate, but sometimes ebay has it's place.

H
Hi Howard
So how do I get to talk to people, is there a private massage system on here.

Bryan

Howard

VOC Member
Don't mention the "private massage" my wife might read this.:D

You can start a conversation or private message someone from your own section, see your name top right of this page.

H