Help needed in North Dorset/Wylye area

Joeharris

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,

I am a 19 year old and I have very luckily inherited a Series C Comet. I have done general work on field bikes/2 stroke bikes before, unfortunately when it comes to general maintenance on the Vincent I am fairly clueless (unable to drain the oil today) and also concerned I may do more damage than good.

The Bike is in good order, it only needs some simple maintenance to put it back on the road.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could spare a few hours to show me the basics of Vincent maintenance. I would be happy to pay for petrol etc.

Please contact me through the website or on 07792473562.

Kind Regards,

Joe

N Dorset/Wiltshire

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
You lucky lucky lad !!! I'm sure someone will leap at the opportunity to administer Vincent law for you !! Wish I was in the vicinity !!

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Lucky chap

Hi Joe,
I am the organiser of the Wylye Valley section of this club. I am based in Downton, Nr. Salisbury, and I'm sure that a few of our members would be pleased to help you. Why not try to get along to our section night on the second Thursday of each month, at the Rose and Crown, Bulford village, at 8pm. If you care to send me a p.m., I will give you my home telephone number and would be pleased to speak to you.
All The Best,
Phil ET43 Primmer

Joeharris

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Advice

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for the reply. It would be great to speak to you, as the next meeting will be in just under a month? I know Downton, I have a couple of mates there.
The meet every second Thursday of each month sounds good, I live in the Gillingham area so around 40 minutes away from Salisbury.

If I could have your number or please give me a call on 07792 473 562 and I would welcome any help.

Many thanks,

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
A lucky lad indeed...and smart too..smart enough to seek out other Vincent owners to get him pointed in the right direction.

minivin

VOC Member
Hello Joe from a fellow young Comet rider in Wilts, if you can make the section meet you will certainly be advised a lot of information by our mass of Comet owners ;)

Do you have much in the way of literature? (spares manual, users manual et cetera?), just that I may have a few spare copies to get you on your way.