Help needed (G37)

krautrapide

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Does anybody know the correct thread size of G37 Selector Pawl plug and is there a method to repair the thread in the gearbox cover?

Thanks to all for your help,
Michael

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It is 1/4 BSP parallel thread, and you may be able to helicoil it if you are lucky, or make up a new plug using a larger thread and tap out the original hole size to suit, Cheers.....Greg.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Does anybody know the correct thread size of G37 Selector Pawl plug and is there a method to repair the thread in the gearbox cover?

Thanks to all for your help,
Michael
Michael, you could always order a new Gearbox Cover from Vincent Spares Germany!

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I took a piece of threaded rod, and drilled and tapped it ..I then drilled and tapped the cover to fit my "insert" and put the insert in using red loctite..I use a cap screw, the end of which has been drilled to accept a small ball bearing as the adjuster. Not - its not concours, but its mostly hidden by the kickstart lever.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I took a piece of threaded rod, and drilled and tapped it ..I then drilled and tapped the cover to fit my "insert" and put the insert in using red loctite..I use a cap screw, the end of which has been drilled to accept a small ball bearing as the adjuster. Not - its not concours, but its mostly hidden by the kickstart lever.
Dear Bob,
Are you confusing G37 with ET27?

krautrapide

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Len for the good advice!!! Not that I would have forgotten this, but the maker of these fine covers was on a concours show over the Weekend and could not be reached. But problem's solved, I found in KTB that it is the same thread than the oil Banjo bolts, for which I had a repair set on the shelf. Anyway, thanks for all the replies!

Michael