Help Locating KXC 113

gotdesmo

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi I was recently at a vintage bike race and came across a Vincent Owners Club. While talking to a gentleman from the club I told him that my dad had a Black Shadow that he sold to friend of his by the name of Chris around 1968/69 when he moved from England to America. I remember seeing the bike in 1980 still owned by Chris while on vacation. It had a sidecar on it the last time that I saw it. Chris passed away back in the late 80s or early 90s. When my dad would go back to England for holiday he would try and locate the bike. Dad has since passed and would like to locate the bike and see it current condition. The only number I have is the mudguard number. It is KXC 133. I can be email at gotdesmo@yahoo.com Thank You Tim

Vince Farrell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi I was recently at a vintage bike race and came across a Vincent Owners Club. While talking to a gentleman from the club I told him that my dad had a Black Shadow that he sold to friend of his by the name of Chris around 1968/69 when he moved from England to America. I remember seeing the bike in 1980 still owned by Chris while on vacation. It had a sidecar on it the last time that I saw it. Chris passed away back in the late 80s or early 90s. When my dad would go back to England for holiday he would try and locate the bike. Dad has since passed and would like to locate the bike and see it current condition. The only number I have is the mudguard number. It is KXC 133. I can be email at gotdesmo@yahoo.com Thank You Tim

The bike is still around, but the memory is slightly wrong as it’s not (and never was) a Shadow.
The machine belongs to a VOC member. It’s also on the DVLA database, you just need to know how to find it.

Vince Farrell – VOC Machine Researcher

gotdesmo

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you for the help. I'm going off some old pictures that my mom has. From what I was told he had more than one Vincent. I remember my dad telling me he had a Shadow and a comet. No sure but he may of had a rapide also. Do you know the location of the bike. My parents lived in Stevenage for a while.

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator