Help: I need of a set of a set of new, fresh 9:1 pistons

Ducdude

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The NSW section has an "award" for anyone who breaks down on a Vincent rally. It is called the "You lucky bastard" award. It commemorates the event when a member broke down on a busy road; several riders stopped and observed the situation but offered no assistance, then one rider on a Japanese bike stopped and uttered the phrase " A VINCENT, you lucky bastard!" and promptly rode off.

LOL Face it a broken down Vin is still better then running UJM we are a bunch of lucky bastards! :)

Cheers,
Eric

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Rick Voshell one time announced that he would rather walk and carry a Vincent spoke than ride a Japanese machine.

van drenth

VOC Member
Ducdude, if you arfe still in need of two 9:1 pistons i can help you out, when we can agree on the price.
Regards, van Drenth JC

Ducdude

VOC Member
Rick Voshell one time announced that he would rather walk and carry a Vincent spoke than ride a Japanese machine.

Well I own and have owned a few 70's era Jap bikes and I have to say I would rather be riding them then walking to get Vincent parts....

I rather be riding just about anything then walking...

I love riding ...

Cheers,
Eric

Ducdude

VOC Member
Ducdude, if you arfe still in need of two 9:1 pistons i can help you out, when we can agree on the price.
Regards, van Drenth JC

He Kerel,
Het gaat goed met mij , ik hoop ook met jouw.
This may take a few weeks to get the heads off and do the measuring....Once we know exactly what we need I will let you know if we still can't find the pistons we are looking for

Will keep you abreast of the developments ..
Bedankt
voor de assisteren.

Tot schrijvens.

Doe rustig aan,

Eric

Ducdude

VOC Member
In the 1950s Marty Dickerson went 150mph at Bonneville with 8 to ones on gas.

Glen

WOW The gas must have really been good back in the day!! :)

I hear ya Glen I do hear hear ya...Time will tell what I actually put in..

Thanks,
Eric

vibrac

VOC Member
yeah, A high CR is a much overstated requirement and given the barrel/base plates available so is getting the correct CR piston, getting the correct ratio is much more important and for that use play dough
Anyway walking is better than a push bike (Uncle had a push bike shop in the Chilterns-never again)