hello from south of France

goldie

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
hello from south of france

I am a new member of the forum ...just for the fun. I do not have any Vincent. I wanted to buy one, but alas due to increasing of prices I really think I have a mistake fifteen or twenty years ago not to have bought one

Instead of buying a nice Comet I have bought a Terrot ...more !! Nobody is perfect you would say of course ...

anyway i just come for the fun to read about those nice machines

I am in south of France and own French (Terrot ...) and British machine , mostly prewars (years 10 / 20/ 30) but also post war (Norton Atlas and Velocette Clubman and a Panther outfit)

I have British friends and French friends riding Vincent (solo - side or Egli !!)
perhaps they will recognise me

hope pleasure will be greater when I read you

congratulations and "bonne route" on Vincent machines and of course on all two and three wheels

Goldie

(why Goldie .... because I have a Gold Star and a Gold Wing !!)

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Bonjour.

Bonjour Goldie,

Bienvenue a la forum VOC.

Vous visitez le Rallye VOC en France 2011, peut-etre?

Montrez ici pour la venue.

A bientot!:)

Robert Watson

VOC Member
We just (Well a month ago!) came through the south of France (well one little corner of it) on our way back from a Vincent rally in Italy, stopped overnight in Castellane. Lovely part of the world, then did a bit of motorway A7/E15, looks like we went right past your front door!!

goldie

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
hello to everybody

if you came back from a Vincent rallye in Italy and pass through castellane, you have taken the "route Napoleon" ...which is very nice

I am south of Lyon, north of Valence... but outside the "Napoleon road" which is Grenoble - Vizille - Laffrey - La Mure - Sisteron - Digne - castellanne - Nice

I have heard of the Vincent rallye organised in France and Dany is a good friend who organise that lovely rallye

have a good day
sunny here today

goldie

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Actually turned off that road - didn't go through Grenoble, and I looked up your town Andance, and we went within about 2 miles of it!!

Robert

goldie

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
hi Robert

really a shame ...because you know we are in an area called " Côtes du rhône" ....

next time perhaps or somewhere in Europe on the road and next time I see a Vincent twin registerd in UK I stop the guy or call the police in order to have a good wine glass ...!!

all the best
Goldie

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Actually you will need to look for one that has Canadian Reg plates if you want to talk to me, as I live in Vancouver Canada. We flew the bike to London, did almost 6000 miles around Europe and then flew it home again!! But that won't stop you from flagging down a Vin with UK reg, or any other for that matter!

goin michel

Non-VOC Member
I have heard of the Vincent rallye organised in France and Dany is a good friend who organise that lovely rallye

Désolé pour toi, mais il ne fallait pas "rater" le rallye organisé par Dany : le plus réussi depuis fort longtemps ! Le prochain devrait avoir lieu dans la région d'Orléans... et quelque soit la moto, l'important est de venir par la route sur sa moto.
Amicalement
Michel
PS : je serai samedi 20 novembre à 13h00 devant le stand de Dany au parc floral de Vincennes...

goldie

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
hello salut !!

oui mais tu sais que j'ai un calendrier très chargé ...en sorties motos...et ai su trop tard qu'il y avait ce rallye. j'aurai pu venir avec une de mes fraçaises ou anglaises...

je connais bien aussi Roland (du jura - big moustache ) qui a d'ailleurs des soucis de santé. est venu nous voir a la "druidesque aventure" ... et n'avait pa sla forme

je roule pas mla en avant guerre ... Pas de Vincennes trop lloin et autres choses de prévu sur la route

a bientôt
Goldie

for our british friends .... needing a translation ...!!

I knew late there was a Vincent rallye not far from here and my calendar is very busy for rallies and I could not go there. i know well also Roland from Jura (with big moustache and a Comet). i saw him when he came to see us in Cols des Alpes ( Monsieur Vic ... you remember the clendestin bar ??). he has some health problems

I am riding quite a lot with my French, British and Danish pre wars bikes all the year

all the best
Goldie