Hello,can anyone please help!

Andy Jordan

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
My name is Andy and I am in Surrey.I am just in the closing stages of rebuilding a 1953 Rapide for a friend and need someone with some knowledge of these bikes to help me check her over and fire up.Can anyone out there help me please?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Andy me handsome, hopefully a Surrey section member is also on the forum, if not < surrey499@voc.uk.com > that will get you to the section organizer and they use to meet weekly 50 + years ago when my brother worked up there and the only name that springs to mind is John Bass who was SO.
bananaman

Malcolmbee

New Forum User
VOC Member
The section meet at the Dolphin pub in Betchworth, Tuesday 18th tomorrow night around 8pm, currently there are three bikes being rebuilt with plenty of helpful advice being shared
Why don’t you drop by and see what we can do to help out.

Pepe

Forum User
VOC Member
Andy.
I was Section Organiser before John Bass. They are an extremely friendly and helpful group of enthusiasts. I have recently returned to the Club after 50+ years and have revisited the group and was made very welcome. I am sure that they will make you very welcome.
Good luck.
Tony

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I dont think Andy is necessarily a possible member he sad "rebuilding a 1953 Rapide for a friend" its his friend we should identify and contact while helping check the bike.

Pepe

Forum User
VOC Member
Perhaps the result could be TWO new members. It is not a prerequisite to own a Vincent to be a Member and we are quite a friendly bunch, and one can turn up to the Club Nights on anything that moves.

Andy Jordan

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello all, I am at the final stages of finishing rebuilding a friends rapide series c but really need help from someone with more knowledge of theese machines than myself to oversee firing up.I live in Surrey and would of course be more than happy to cover any expenses for your time and travel. Many thanks in anticipation, Andy Jordan.