Hello - and where to start...

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Upper Frame Member and Rear Frame Member :D Lots of Vincent terminology to get up to speed on !!

Yes and I've just looked at the drawings in the technical section, and they don't help a lot if you don't know what you're looking at.

Drawing M022 Item FT6AS is UFM

Drawing M063 Item FT1AS is RFM

They may be the other way round - I get confused when I can't keep the drawings open.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Yes and I've just looked at the drawings in the technical section, and they don't help a lot if you don't know what you're looking at.

Drawing M022 Item FT6AS is UFM

Drawing M063 Item FT1AS is RFM

They may be the other way round - I get confused when I can't keep the drawings open.

It is the other way around , FT6AS is RFM , FT1AS is UFM. Takes a while for it all to sink in.

Howard

VOC Member
It is the other way around , FT6AS is RFM , FT1AS is UFM. Takes a while for it all to sink in.

I've got a memory like a goldfish! Wrote down the drawing and item numbers, and when I started typing I'd forgotten which was which.

timetraveller

VOC Member
If you are going to use teles on a Vincent 'D' Upper Frame Member then you will end up without an optimum head angle and trail. Cut through the 'D' tube and fit a left and right angled thread with lock nuts. This will allow you to tune the head angle so that it suits your forks and riding style. If you use the standard 'D' rear suspension set up then you will find that you have plenty of rear wheel movement; up to about 7" I think. Good luck. :)

VirtualVincent

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for your patience with a newbie! :)

Yup, there is a whole heap of Vincent-specific terminology to get used to but NVM... I'll have a look at the diagrams. I'd glanced at them a while ago but obviously didn't take the finer points in :p.

So... basically, it looks like I can use a replica UFM and RFM set from a Series D (possibly from the VOC online shop... can it really be so easy :D?) and then make (have made) a bonnier rear sub frame to replace the rather utilitarian Series D job, weld on some fairing mounts and barring wheels, shocks, brakes and ...oh... an engine... I'm away.

First things first will be to study the tech specs!