Hello (again)!

ah_sprite

Forum User
VOC Member
Afternoon, all!

I joined the forum a few years ago as a tender 16 year old. I'm now 22 and the Vincent bug certainly hasn't gone away.
Since then, I've got hold of my motorcycle licence and my current daily steed is a 69 Triumph TR6R. I'm also well into my classic cars and have a couple of old MGs and a Lancia Stratos replica, so you can tell I'm a glutton for punishment! I've had well over 40 cars, and through buying, restoring and selling them on, I have been able to amass the current collection :p

I'm getting towards the point where there's a chance I'll be able to go in search of a Comet. The question is, where am I likely to find one that's not (too) silly money, and is in reasonably good, usable condition, with some room for improvement?

Regards
Richard

ah_sprite

Forum User
VOC Member
Many thanks for the response.
Do any owners out there know of anyone wanting to sell their Comet or Meteor to an eager young enthusiast?

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Join the Club! F5AB/2A/7945 since 1970 (sad old Comet rider.) P.S. Hope you can imagine riding on a buckboard and being doused in hot oil whilst tearing up fistfuls of fivers!

b'knighted

VOC Member
Yep, my application has just been filled out online. Not sure how long it'll be before I get access to the online forum though, etc?

Hi Richard,
Welcome - Joining shows that you are serious.

All dealing with your application and forum access is done by volunteers, the whole club runs that way. If the volunteers have been good all year we release their details to Santa and permit them a few days off to fettle their machines. This time of year it may take a little longer for your forum name to turn blue and full access to be granted. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Cheers,

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Hi Richard,
My health is iffy and my vision is even worse.... Have you considered importing a Comet? PM me if you want.