• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

HB: Handlebars Hella Bar End Signals ?

Alyson

Active Website User
VOC Member
Just curious if anyone has tried or has installed the Hella Bar End Signals to their Vincent machine ? Thanks, Alyson

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Just curious if anyone has tried or has installed the Hella Bar End Signals to their Vincent machine ? Thanks, Alyson
I used Oberon bar end signals on a Vincent special. Those are available with a little extension piece that allows for use of bar end mirrors as well.
The finished product looks and works well on that bike.
I'm not sure it would look right on a standard Vincent. Maybe the Hellas would be better suited for this, but I can't see an easy way to mount those along with some type of bar end mirrors. The Napoleon bar ends look quite nice on a Vincent, but it's one or the other, can't do bar end mirrors and Hella bar end signals. Well not easily.
The bar end signals are a good thing, right out there at the widest point of the bike, visible fore and aft.

Glen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-153640.png
    Screenshot_20210210-153640.png
    856.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Are you using standard Vincent bars or Magura/BMW ? I have the bar end signals on my /2 so I'm aware of fitment, slots at end and hole in middle, if using Vincent bars how was the slide in fit ? Thanks, Alyson
Normal Vincent bars.I drilled a small hole in the centre of the bars between the clamps to feed the wires through a grommet. IMAG0048.JPG

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Len, can I ask you what clamp-on bar-end mirror you're using?
Looks a good set up.
Thanks
Duncan
It's an MZ mirror.They are (or used to be) available both left and right.To fit you need to move the twistgrip inwards about 1/2". An end plug from a cycle shop will finish the job.
BTW, I have a spare one but it needs a new glass.

Alyson

Active Website User
VOC Member
It's an MZ mirror.They are (or used to be) available both left and right.To fit you need to move the twistgrip inwards about 1/2". An end plug from a cycle shop will finish the job.
BTW, I have a spare one but it needs a new glass.
I could cut you a piece of glass but you wouldn't be able to see behind you ;) or I could cut you
a piece of mirror. I'm a glazier by trade. If you can send me a pattern, I can cut. Just draw it out on a piece of paper and mail. If you have both sides, I can make you a left and right.

oexing

VOC Member
Yes, certainly, Peter, but for me no factor as I no longer drive at night. Or in rare occasions I operate the brake light like a flash light for alerting any traffic. Maybe I´d go for the tiny LED flashers mounted in hidden places as not to be a cosmetic matter on a classic.

Vic

Latest Forum Threads

List of Forum Categories

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?