F: Frame Heim joints

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I wanted to keep the seat bases standard the big seat is often swapped out for standard also I may revert to original struts on one bike
The twin racer and the flash have single supports the comet racet has had many single supports square round steel alloy there is not too much stress on a solo race track but for the road comet two up with throw over bags I wanted strength hence the extra support and it's no trouble to add a strut especially with a coilover

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks a lot, as I say I only fitted mine a week ago as an experiment, it does make a huge difference to comfort, my seat is a home made long version and the frame is thicker than standard in stainless but I will definitely keep an eye on it, I shall probably make a better version as well, I like the bottom fittings on MartynGs

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Front seat bracket repaired in NZ 1995 at Taupo after a few miles of unsealed roads (Genital Annie), rings a bell, now sealed the whole route.
Triangulated s/s bracket, screwed to the aluminium seat base.

IMG_2448.jpeg

Support lugs moved outboard in line with footrest plates but retained friction damper and made narrower knob for R.H.S.

IMG_2449.jpeg

Picnic table paniers that slide on from the rear and fitted by four R pins, carrying extra lights and turn signals, total capacity is 92 LTRs 26 inches wide so will fit through any doorway. in use for 29 years now.

IMG_2450.jpeg