Headlight switch?

W.C.Machine

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Does anyone know what holds the Miller switch to the head light shell. Mine is loose and turns every time I opperate the switch. I was hoping not to have to remove the original wires If I don't need to. Thanks

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
One of mine came loose and was cracked. I just lifted it up about 1/2 way out, smeared some black RTV silicone around it and pushed it back in and piled a few bits on it for a few hours. It's been that way now for several years.

Robert

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Does anyone know what holds the Miller switch to the head light shell. Mine is loose and turns every time I opperate the switch. I was hoping not to have to remove the original wires If I don't need to. Thanks

Not everyone appreciates how the Miller switch is located in the headlamp shell. To install, proceed as follows. Remove the black plastic lever; next, from the underside remove the two brass 4BA nuts and washers, carefully seperate the top cover from the main body. This will release the chrome bezel. The main body is then offered up from inside the shell (you may find it easier to make the electrical connections at this stage, it makes it easier to see the numbers beside each terminal). From above, offer up the top cap (not forgetting the bezel). You will notice that alongside the brass studs there are two protrusions; these locate in matching notches in the h/l shell and are what prevent the switch from moving once the upper and lower parts are united. Once satisfied that everything is correctly located, carefully tighten the 4BA nuts, replace the lever.Job done!