have you renewed yet

Comet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello everyone.
Just a quick point in relation to the envelope of December MPH.
This is a generic note that has been printed on every copy that was posted.If you have renewed already then you can relax and ignore it. If you have not it is just a reminder to do so as soon as possible please.

thanks
John Kennedy

dave g6xnc

Non-VOC Member
Renewal

have just returned from abroad (monday) been away since july and have posted my renewal off today, sorry it's l;ate but un avoidable.
dave gs.

Upstreeter

Non-VOC Member
I'd been a VOC member for a long time until this last year when I forgot to renew. After the non arrival of the first MPH I (being rather slow) twigged and thought "I really must get around to it" - in short, I didn't so my membership has lapsed this year. I will rejoin for 2008 thanks to reading this thread...

My point, now I've got around to it, is why on earth doesn't the Club use direct debit as an option to renew as do other clubs of which I'm a member? For those of us who forget these things it would be so much easier and for those who object they could opt in or out.

Of course during my absence this option may be in place, in which case can someone confirm 'yes' or 'no'.

G

Graham Smith

My point, now I've got around to it, is why on earth doesn't the Club use direct debit as an option to renew as do other clubs of which I'm a member? For those of us who forget these things it would be so much easier and for those who object they could opt in or out.

Of course during my absence this option may be in place, in which case can someone confirm 'yes' or 'no'.

No, DD isn't an option as yet, but I for one am a firm believer that we should sign up to it as soon as possible. I personally would use the facility.

I understand someone looked at the possibility some time ago, but it wasn't viable for one reason or another. A couple of months ago, I made some enquiries about it, but was lead to believe you needed at least 1500 people to sign up to it. Now bearing in mind, the VOC only has about 1500 UK Members, and not all of these are guaranteed to sign up, that pretty much blows us out at the first hurdle.

Over and above this, there would be a huge amount of work to do taking in people's bank account details etc and changing them when they move bank. However - I'm sure that's something we can take care of.

So, in answer to your question. No, we don't offer Direct Debit as yet, but the Executive Committee obviously see the benefits and will keep our eye on developments and keep the Membership informed.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulB

VOC Member
Whilst there are no immediate plans for DD, we have every intention of having an online facility in place ready for next year's renewals.

Oooh, I think that was my first post in my official capacity :D

Paul

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Direct debit

I'd settle for a list of membership numbers renewed on the site. Easier than having a memory transplant from some 16 year-old.......or waiting until February to see if MPH turns up.

Upstreeter

Non-VOC Member
Thanks! An online facility would be a great improvement if DD is an impossibilty. I take the point about numbers making DD viable and I guess I was thinking about a couple of other clubs to which I belong which have a greater number of members.

G

Graham Smith

Have You Renewed Your Membership Yet

When you receive your copy of MPH 708 (January 2008), you will note the envelope makes reference to the fact that if you renew your membership late, you will not be entitled to back issues. This will of course not affect the 99.9% of the Members who renew in plenty of time each year.

No doubt, some Members who renew late will say their renewal forms got lost in the post. If this is the case, we will of course try to make sure everyone receives the copies they're entitled to (provided we have them available).

You should take note however, the UK and Overseas Membership Secretaries record details of all Members who say their renewal forms have been lost in the post, and it's interesting to note that year after year, the same few Members who renew late say their renewal forms have been lost in the post (not realising that we know they said the same thing last year)! Too much of a coincidence I'm sure you'll agree!

The UK and Overseas Membership Secretaries look forward to receiving your 2008 Renewal Forms ASAP.