Have a titter

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
http://thevintagent.blogspot.co.uk/

Have a titter, and work out how that saddle is 8" lower than standard, and hear about MK3 `racing` cams.
Perhaps it should come to Cadwell, for the track day ? Enlightening perhaps.

Do you like the `get you home, hand change` ?

Last edited:

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
"There were no real Vincents harmed during the build" This is a custom job, a typical bitsa, I happen to think it's a cut above a lot of similar attempts! And if the journo got to run-off at the mouth, how many people have the knowledge to put him "back in his pram " ?

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I'm sure John Ulver will weigh in after the NA Rally. I believe he asked Marty about the cases and there is some doubt about the statements in the writeup.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I read the original article with Mr.Deckers statements regarding this machine and immediately got quite angry at the amount of bullshit. Now, that might seem to casual reader to be a strong statement, but I respectfully submit that there is no word which conveys exactly the correct meaning quite as adequately as B*******. It is clear from reading the article that Mr.Decker might very well be a wonderful artist, but he knows nothing about Vincents, but he he is wonderfully creative about making up wonderful yarns.

clevtrev

VOC Member
I read the original article with Mr.Deckers statements regarding this machine and immediately got quite angry at the amount of bullshit. Now, that might seem to casual reader to be a strong statement, but I respectfully submit that there is no word which conveys exactly the correct meaning quite as adequately as B*******. It is clear from reading the article that Mr.Decker might very well be a wonderful artist, but he knows nothing about Vincents, but he he is wonderfully creative about making up wonderful yarns.
I think you`re taking `wonderful` yarns, to a new level !

How did Mr. Harris come into `genuine hubs`, only by breaking a lightning, as ALL front hubs are identical .

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I wonder where he keeps the battery ? and why a front light with no rear light.[/QUOTE

There is a Miller type stop light mounted on the rear frame member where the rear brake cable abutment is usually sited, in those long bygone days of MOT tests would that suffice as a rear light? I think the engine looks beautiful, but then don't they all, I would like to know more about the spring damper unit fitted to the Brampton forks, does anyone know what it is? I think it could do with a Dave Hills stand as I would not fancy trying to park the one fitted, looks impossible singe handed, at least if someone purchases the bike it could be returned to a useable machine without to much difficulty.

vibrac

VOC Member
only interesting bit for comment is the seat position (not the seat) I have fitted a pegusa BMW solo seat on the rear fitting of a UFM on my hack comet in an effort to get the seat height lower for my wife it works but for her the footrests are too high and give her cramp
Me? amazingly I like it, its a racing stance and the seat is very comfortable and the foot down maneuvering is excellent, strange thing is, its more susceptible to side winds... funny vehicles bikes.

clevtrev

VOC Member
I wonder where he keeps the battery ? and why a front light with no rear light.[/QUOTE

There is a Miller type stop light mounted on the rear frame member where the rear brake cable abutment is usually sited, in those long bygone days of MOT tests would that suffice as a rear light? I think the engine looks beautiful, but then don't they all, I would like to know more about the spring damper unit fitted to the Brampton forks, does anyone know what it is? I think it could do with a Dave Hills stand as I would not fancy trying to park the one fitted, looks impossible singe handed, at least if someone purchases the bike it could be returned to a useable machine without to much difficulty.
It`s more of a side light than a rear light. Even in these days, he would soon be stopped, because the light would not have been seen, viewing from the offside rear.
As for the stand, looks as if the rear guard stays have more strength.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I wonder where he keeps the battery ? and why a front light with no rear light.

Do you need a rear light if you don't ride it? The article does refer to it as a "sculpture". Though I did notice there is a the rear light on the left side, along with an alton and the electric leg underneath. It has a custom muffler underneath, perhaps the battery is underneath as well. The article says the tank has been narrowed 4.5 inches, maybe a compartment has been incorporated into that? I won't say it isn't nice and I won't deny a lot of work went it to making it. It just isn't to my taste.
But I don't see how his bike as more racing history than any bike. If it's built up from bits of racing bikes, the bits have the history not the bike as a whole. If the bike as a whole has not competed in any way then it has no competition history at all. To quote my father "I've had the same hammer man and boy for 50 years, save for three new handles and four new heads."