Hard Decisions

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am a 100% disabled Vietnam Vet and quite sick. Which makes me have to sell the one of a kind Egli known as BIG Sid. I am in no condition to fart around with people who just want to chatter. If you have $80,000 for this
you probably have yourself a bargain. Again, I am not going to answer questions...... if you don't know the reputation of this machine.... you don't need it. Rip Tragle

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I am very sorry to hear of your declining health..may I suggest that a picture would really help with the sale, post one on the VOC facebook page, and another one here..An ad sent to MPH is a good idea. If you send an ad, with a picture to me I will forward to those sections that I am in contact with..

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Five years ago I put it my Brother-In-Laws garage under a tarp in very dry storage. It has not moved since. So, the machine has dry rotted soft compound tires, it is dusty, and in the rear of the garage immovable surrounded by Dicks stuff.
I can barely move let alone clean out a garage and then the machine. I live at 7'300 feet and it's like real nasty out there. So a current picture is impossible until it warms up around here and I can get some help.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Go here and there are some unposed pictures of the Egli on it's way from John Healy's Shop to here in Colorado.... naturally select: "Egli toColorado" folder. Pardon my dust as I had spent the day traveling the dirt back roads
of Madison County, Iowa taking pictures of the covered bridges.. The photo was taken in the car wash and soon things will be tidy again. https://plus.google.com/photos/102198595359647177099/albums?banner=pwa

clevtrev

VOC Member
IPFH.jpg
I see you lost your passenger.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Has anyone noticed that it's kick start able with the rear set and gear shift obviously in the way? Gee, I wonder how that works.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I recall the gearshift lever was easily detachable, independent from the linkage, but I do not remember the internal details of how it engaged the parts that are left behind.