Happy new year!

Prosper Keating

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Happy New Year to everyone here, and if you're out on the roads tonight, try to remember that we don't ride about like this anymore. Our bikes are worth too much...

DCL - yeah, you know who you are! - will remember the night this was taken and the subsequent burn-up along the Thames Embankment. They got us just before Chelsea Bridge and I was so looking forward to that Ballaugh Bridge moment!

Ah...fings ain't wot dey used ter be!

Prosper Keating

Attachments

• Prosper_Pissedtfuk copy.jpg
    Prosper_Pissedtfuk copy.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 98

nkt267

VOC Member
try to remember that we don't ride about like this anymore. Our bikes are worth too much...
Nah .Screw the nuts off the thing and have fun.:eek:
Annual rally 2007.:D:D:D.John

Prosper Keating

Non-VOC Member
I agree. This baby will cruise all day and night at 70-75mph, with plenty in hand for steaming past trucks and trailers...now that the wiring harness and electronic ignition unit that caused this flame-out have been replaced by a K1F and a factory pattern harness. I also set the valve timing up with a dial gauge as it was well out when I checked. So it's pretty standard, the Alton apart.

OK, so the nuts and bolts and things don't fly off into roadside ditches as with a Trumpet but...it rips the tabs off clutch plates with depressing regularity and every dog in the quartier is suffering from PTSD as a result of the exhaust note, even with a baffled pot. This baby goes, and cured me of my inherited disdain for the so-called Half-Vincents. It's bloody fast for a 1940s 500 and it covers the distances. I would honestly rate it up there with a cammy Norton roadster like the Inter or a well-sorted pre-DBD Goldie in touring trim.

I love my Rapide but I'll never sneer at Comets again...

PK

Last edited:

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Hi

Hi Prosper,
Glad to see you appreciate the advantages of the Comet:D
Just to let you know that your old spare UFM is still pulling my Comet around:D

All the best
Neil

Prosper Keating

Non-VOC Member
Hallo Neil! Good to know!

All the best for 2009. I intend to get over to England more often so hopefully we'll see one another.

PK