Happy Birthday chankly bore, John Smith-Daye

• Thread starter Automatic VOC Birthday Announcer
  • Start date

Alan J

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The best scooter "the wife" and I ever shared was a Maicoletta with a250 sachs engine-a proper frame-steel tube, large wheels for a scooter, and an electric start of sorts!! Cost me all of 20 quid in '71! It's sister, the "maicomobile" was something else!! all steel, no plastic then! and the gear change was "heel and toe". I must confess my riding started in '59 on a Vespa!!

Albervin

VOC Member
Birthdays

:cool:
A Mod with problems would have to be on a Heinkel Tourist.:D.John
People like Ossie & nkt267 are already giving away their age by such comments. Us young lads would never have made the connection between mods & "Mods". However, I do think it is a VOC only area as I will soon be deemed to be a target for certain spam e-mails for medication to improve my *&% life..
Maybe another POLL is beckoning? My age is quite irrelevent to me as I will always be a juvenile delinquent in my own eyes. The grey hair & saggy pecs (abs, biceps, triceps etc.) are just hereditary!

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Scooters and Series Ds. When the Club had a stand at Earls Court many years ago one of the Club stewards wrote a piece for MPH in which he reported on some of the comments made by visitors to the display. One scooter fan pointed to the rear cowl of the Black Prince and was overheard to say "I 'd 'ave that chromed if that were mine". Another visitor was asked if he was interested in Vincents. "Nah. I only came to look at the push bikes. I don't really like motorcycles". He went to say that he had once owned a motorbike. "Oh" said the steward "what sort of machine was it? "A Triumph" came the reply. The steward's response: "No wonder you don't like motorbikes!"