• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Happy Birthday chankly bore, John Smith-Daye

• Thread starter Automatic VOC Birthday Announcer
  • Start date
A

Automatic VOC Birthday Announcer

Happy Birthday Jack Cape, Sam Miller, Laney, ianturpin

4 members are celebrating their birthday on 26-03-2010:

-Jack Cape (born in 1934, Age: 76)
-Sam Miller (born in 1940, Age: 70)
-Laney (born in 1945, Age: 65)
-ianturpin (born in 1949, Age: 61)

Happy Birthday!

Graham Smith

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Hmmm. This isn't working quite as it should is it?

It should have been generated at 0001 GMT, but it's obviously running a bit late at 1845hrs!

Me thinks it needs a bit more work. :(

b'knighted

VOC Member
Hi Graham,

Wouldn't it, like a lot of stuff, also be better on the "Club Chat: VOC Member Access Only " board?

Cheers,

Graham Smith

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Graham,

Wouldn't it, like a lot of stuff, also be better on the "Club Chat: VOC Member Access Only " board?

Cheers,

Yes, I see your point, but the birthdays relate to Members and non-Members alike.

What does everyone else think?

John Appleton

VOC Member
What does everyone else think?[/QUOTE]

Graham, I dont really see that it matters either way. If anybody is sensitive about public display of their birthday they can surely remove the info from their profile. I must admit that I find there is too much detail given in the current format. A simple entry of todays names would be acceptable without ages and dates of birth.That only makes it more difficult for people, like me, to kid themselves they are still young and foolish and in the company of other young and foolish people.

Young and foolish John (well...... not that young! )

Graham Smith

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I've turned the mod off for the time being until I can sort its problems out.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Is it possible for a former Mod to evolve into a Vincent rider? (Please, no enclosed D references, even in jest.)

Alan J

VOC Member
The best scooter "the wife" and I ever shared was a Maicoletta with a250 sachs engine-a proper frame-steel tube, large wheels for a scooter, and an electric start of sorts!! Cost me all of 20 quid in '71! It's sister, the "maicomobile" was something else!! all steel, no plastic then! and the gear change was "heel and toe". I must confess my riding started in '59 on a Vespa!!

Albervin

VOC Member
Birthdays

:cool:
A Mod with problems would have to be on a Heinkel Tourist.:D.John
People like Ossie & nkt267 are already giving away their age by such comments. Us young lads would never have made the connection between mods & "Mods". However, I do think it is a VOC only area as I will soon be deemed to be a target for certain spam e-mails for medication to improve my *&% life..
Maybe another POLL is beckoning? My age is quite irrelevent to me as I will always be a juvenile delinquent in my own eyes. The grey hair & saggy pecs (abs, biceps, triceps etc.) are just hereditary!

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Scooters and Series Ds. When the Club had a stand at Earls Court many years ago one of the Club stewards wrote a piece for MPH in which he reported on some of the comments made by visitors to the display. One scooter fan pointed to the rear cowl of the Black Prince and was overheard to say "I 'd 'ave that chromed if that were mine". Another visitor was asked if he was interested in Vincents. "Nah. I only came to look at the push bikes. I don't really like motorcycles". He went to say that he had once owned a motorbike. "Oh" said the steward "what sort of machine was it? "A Triumph" came the reply. The steward's response: "No wonder you don't like motorbikes!"

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?