Happiness

Shanghai

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am not sure if these YouTube videos have been posted before or not, however just in case.

This guy goes through a myriad of emotions during the series of videos.
I am sure that most of us can relate to at least 1 or 2 of his emotions/feelings.
Never mind that I can't understand a word, the images tell the whole story.

The 3rd video is great. Such happiness is seldom seen in a grown man :D.
If you only have time to watch one, watch the 3rd one.
By the way I cant describe my feelings on the first video.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4co3RkGKx4&feature=player_profilepage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8ZA_Te0GA&feature=player_profilepage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOFHUS-CC0s&feature=player_profilepage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jOc58NCfVU&feature=player_profilepage

Peter Stokes

VOC Member
Excellent. The young pillion passenger looks pretty chuffed too – what a treat that would be.

Who has tried towing a bike with another bike? I have, two or three times, years ago. One was getting a friend’s BSA B40 (not a bad little bike) home after it packed up. Another was in the days when, quite often, you came across a rider fiddling with a broken-down bike and stopped to help. First, I would have to go and ‘find’ a bit of rope, then tie one end to the bike’s carrier. I remember doing this with the Velo, but not Vincents. The other end would go round the forks of the towed bike; we didn’t tie it on, but let the rider hold it on one of the handlebar grips so that it could be released if necessary. Either bike could get the other into trouble if things went wrong, but we had no problems.

More memories of a bygone age!

Pete

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
I was broken down high up a hill in Scotland during the 1999 International. I was offered a tow down the said hill, I declined and thus ensued a repair of the clutch. Oh yes, it was an outfit so none of the normal dramas of a solo being towed but it wasn't my bike. I would rather walk 20 miles than be towed after seeing some tragic outcomes.

nkt267

VOC Member
It's amazing what you can tow using 2 Barbour Jacket belts linked together..John

Shanghai

VOC Member
The way I view this video is that the guy was being towed in order to try and jump start it!
Not to get it home.
To me that is even more scary.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I had to switch the second one off, How much Ethanol do you think he had in his Petrol !! Still he got there in the end, It still sounds like it needs a bit of cash spending on it, Good Luck To Him.

timetraveller

VOC Member
'Estupendo' as our Spanish friends would say. Let us hope that someone tightens up the plugs properly and that he gets lots of pleasure from it but I agree it sounds like it could do with a bit of a birthday.

ET43

Non-VOC Member
I agree with Time traveller in as much that the beast could do with a thorough overhaul, but, it is another Vin on the road. About towing, in the U.K. is illegal to tow a solo with a car, and I have never quite found out about sidecars although it is probable that they can only tow each other. I could be pleaseingly corrected.
Some years ago I set off to the Portstmouth section when the Vin was a standard item and fixed to a sodding great D/A chair. I stripped the atd six miles out of Salisbury and had managed to push/coast it to within the city limits when a 6 cylinder Ford pulled up, driven by your actual cadaverous tall streak of wind and wee wee looking Vicar. He uttered the imortal words, Can I help you my Son. I carefully explained to him about the perils of speed when towing a dead outfit bereft of passengers and that I had to hold on to the tow rope ( mine, hemp and one inch thick ) with my left hand, and please would he not exceed 20mph. Having afixed the rope to his tow bar off we set. He drove like a bloody maniac round the set of three ess bends at speeds up to 60mph. There was no where safe to let go of the rope so I had no alternative to hang on for grim death doing all sorts of gymnastics to keep the wheel on the ground until he reached the thirty limit. Did he slow down, Nah, not a chance. Upon arriving at my leased garage he leapt out of the car, hussled up to me and said in that voice that vicars use when performing a sermon and inquired wether or not he would see me in church on Sunday. If it were not for the fact that my hands were tightly clenched trying to stop the flow of blood from my palms, well, I don't know what I would have done. I did not go to church! Sidecars are fun aren't they. Those of you who were at the Herts and Beds will have admired Sam Pick's new EZS outfit. Smashing job. ET43

clevtrev

VOC Member
Years ago I pulled Willie Williams outfit behind a VW caravan, from the New Forest rallysite back to Hayling Island. That`s about 40+ miles.
No problem. And then the rebuild was started.

nkt267

VOC Member
I'm sure I was told years ago by a copper that it was always ok to tow a vehicle that had less or the same amount of wheels than the towing vehicle ie:4 towing 3.3 towing 2. 4 towing 4.2 towing 2 etc..But not 2 towing 3 etc..John