• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale Handlebars on Ebay

Colin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I bought a pair of braced alloy handlebars off ebay for one of my dirt bikes. Although only £14.90 post free and DELIVERED BY ROYAL MAIL they were of quite good quality, OK for what I needed. When placing the order I specified I required BLACK bars, which were available, according to the advert. When they arrived they were GOLD in colour. I advised the seller (via ebay) wrong colour. Their reply was (words to the effect) you did not specify a colour and in any event we send out colours at random. Meanwhile I had been to the Post Office to return the bars, the P.O quoted me £15 to return the package. Yes you did read that right, £15 to return a £14.90, post free item, via the same Royal Mail.!
Am I right in thinking that all the asylums are now run by the inmates?

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I bought a pair of braced alloy handlebars off ebay for one of my dirt bikes. Although only £14.90 post free and DELIVERED BY ROYAL MAIL they were of quite good quality, OK for what I needed. When placing the order I specified I required BLACK bars, which were available, according to the advert. When they arrived they were GOLD in colour. I advised the seller (via ebay) wrong colour. Their reply was (words to the effect) you did not specify a colour and in any event we send out colours at random. Meanwhile I had been to the Post Office to return the bars, the P.O quoted me £15 to return the package. Yes you did read that right, £15 to return a £14.90, post free item, via the same Royal Mail.!
Am I right in thinking that all the asylums are now run by the inmates?
You should post details of the supplier so that we can avoid him/her.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I have eBay purchased petrol cap vent valves that were available in various colours. The cheapest had what could be described a small print statement indicating that the colour of the item supplied may vary. I steered clear and went with a slightly more expensive supplier and got the colour I ordered. The photos from the various suppliers were all identical, so I assume as was the product.

Colin

VOC Member
Supplier claims they never received the message about the colour, and I suppose this is possible given the fact computers give me more grief than the rest of the world put together.
Supplier has suggested if I keep the bars they will rebate me £2. I accepted; a set of fair quality, braced alloy handlebars for £12.90 seems an OK deal. I may even see if I can paint them,far less agro. that way