Half a Rapide ?

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There is some "imaginative" writing in the book "Vincent in the barn" regarding the "Vietnam" Vincent. I think it is fairly safe to state the real Vietnam bike is in Australia and its owner has recently written some informative articles about it. As far as this "Montlhery" machine is concerned I think it could be best described as a "replica". It concerns me that new "facts" and "truths" are appearing on a regular basis and the transfer of vast amounts of money can cement them. As Mr Harris is an "attorney" we had best be careful in our choice of words and stick to irrefutable facts rather than subjective assumptions :) Thanks Peter for some good detective work.

Last edited:

clevtrev

VOC Member
There is some "imaginative" writing in the book "Vincent in the barn" regarding the "Vietnam" Vincent. I think it is fairly safe to state the real Vietnam bike is in Australia and its owner has recently written some informative articles about it. As far as this "Montlhery" machine is concerned I think it could be best described as a "replica". It concerns me that new "facts" and "truths" are appearing on a regular basis and the transfer of vast amounts of money can cement them. As Mr Harris is an "attorney" we had best be careful in our choice of words and stick to irrefutable facts rather than subjective assumptions :) Thanks Peter for some good detective work.

Mr Harris was also the person selling a clutch drum, as a lightning article. I pointed him towards a factory picture showing them fitted to a row of Rapides.

Albervin

VOC Member
I am guessing it was reasonably good value and the VOCS should have stumped up the cash to turn a nice profit :)