Had a delay building my twin......

minivin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As some of you may have heard, I got back into playing in brass bands just over a year ago after a quite large gap in playing, due to starting an apprenticeship in aircraft avionics. Well, I can report that having been playing 2nd Eb Tenor Horn for Shrewton Silver Band (one of the oldest bands in Great Britain and the village that gifted Stonehenge to the people), we managed to get a place in the British Brass Band National Finals as a 2nd Section Band (it's structured like football, Champhionship followed by 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th) and I was asked to fill in for the 1st Tenor Horn position due to a restructuring to cover a few gaps from some people in the band retiring <gulp>.

Well, out of 18 bands in the 2nd section for the whole of Great Britain, we came 8th and effectively the best 2nd section band south of Milton Keynes.

I've had my arm twisted to play once again 2nd Horn for the Wychavon entertainments contest next month, but I am now working again to get my Black Shadow replica finished for next year.
IMG_20181006_0001.jpg

IMG_20181006_0002.jpg