Where Are You Now? H.R.D. In Outer North London

LPH1

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I 've recently come across 2x photos I took around 2002 at the VMCC meet up for the "East Hertfordshire Section". I wonder if anyone recognizes it? If it's currently in the same identical condition (painted front brake hub edges and small details perhaps someone will know where or who currently owns it. Alas I don't have a photo of the reg. number plate. As it's now 20 years later, it would be likely the owner of it then, sadly, is no longer with us unfortunately but then again...Here's hoping.....

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    678.3 KB · Views: 58

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Without giving too much details away here is what I can say:
The same bike is in the book "Original Vincent Motorcycle" on pg 16. I know the registration and just did an online DVLA search for it and they have an export marker against it so it look like its no longer in UK. Where it is I don't know as the current owner has not reported it to the club.
Simon Dinsdale
VOC Machine Registrar

LPH1

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you so very much Simon. Your information is both fascinating and quite sad. I shall certainly get access to a copy of the book you mention. I can't remember why, at the time, I never managed to meet the owner as I would loved to have chatted about this great machine. He certainly was not standing by it. The fact that it is now out of the UK is very saddening for me knowing I will likely never see it in the flesh so to speak. It's a reminder to me to never leave things too long as life passes by so very quickly and rare chances are lost for ever very easily. Thanks very much again. It's a wonderful, beautifully sunny day we have down here in Somerset, but knowing what you told me makes it just that much duller for me. All the best Simon :(

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Show him your NEW one Vincent Brake,
It might cheer him up ? :) .
Cheers Bill.

Your Membership Sec' had one once, Sadly it's long gone :(.

Attachments

• IMGP5081.jpg
    IMGP5081.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited: