Gypsy John. aka John Newson of the VOC

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Comparatively new member Gypsy John has just completed "Right The Way Round" A circumnavigation of the UK by Vincent, calling at the most easterly, northerly, westerly and southerly points of the mainland, and in doing so raised more than £4000 for the RNLI. This, far from insignificant achievement, on his Rapide with a bit of help from his Black Shadow, seems to have slipped completely un-noticed under the VOC radar. So I have to say "WELL DONE JOHN"
John of Oxney Motorcycles in Kent is also a keen "Lindy Hopper" (Google it if you don't know) as well as a long distance Vincent rider. There is a good write up in the October edition of Old Bike Mart, but perhaps John would also write something for MPH
As I say "no mean achievement", again WELL DONE

timetraveller

VOC Member
I spoke to him about it at the North Kent Pie and Pint two weeks ago and he is very modest about it. It was not without problems but he did it by changing from his Rapide to his Shadow part way through, Very determined and a good way to help a deserving cause. Buy the man a drink if you ever meet up with him.

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
I spoke to him about it at the North Kent Pie and Pint two weeks ago and he is very modest about it. It was not without problems but he did it by changing from his Rapide to his Shadow part way through, Very determined and a good way to help a deserving cause. Buy the man a drink if you ever meet up with him.
Tell him, pls.: If he ever sees a Norvin with number plate NE-RO51, ask the rider for a beer, and you´ll get it!

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
John is an interesting guy, omnipresent over recent years at Kempton Park, probably quite new to the Vincent scene, but was at the annual rally this year, as far as I could ascertain has a lifelong interest in motorcycles, and relatively recently picked up on Vincents, I would simply say welcome, good to have you onboard.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
When you see him next ask to see his tattoo!
No need to wait till then!

20190614_182307.jpg