Gudgeon (wrist) pin bush (little end bush)

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks, Kevin. Money received and deposited in Vic. section Spares fund. Vibrac's idea sounds O.K. as long as the previous piston shows no sign of canting. Maybe have a block of wood at the right height to help keep the hone steady. I reckon tight in the piston at 20c. O.K. as long as it is free at operating temperature.

Thanks again Chankly, but I thought that you would want the pin rotating in the bush rather than in the material of the piston and therefore would want it firmish? in the piston? Totally open to correction by anyone!!

Kevin

Howard

VOC Member
Thanks again Chankly, but I thought that you would want the pin rotating in the bush rather than in the material of the piston and therefore would want it firmish? in the piston? Totally open to correction by anyone!!

Kevin

I've always used same technique as Vibrac. Bush tight in conrod, gudgion pin running fit in bush and push fit in the piston when warm (piston on garage radiator for a couple of minutes). It often occurs to me, if the fit in the piston changes with a quick warm on the radiator, what happens when it's really hot when the engine's running?

H

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Pin............. Slide fit in piston ....cold

Fit in small end one and a half thou. clearance. If you don`t wish to blue the rod.

Thanks Trev, that is the piston fit that I have, just replaced bush as per Chankly Bore--perfect, will hone to one and half thou clearance then.
Thanks again

Kevin