Misc: Everything Else Grosset Solenoid Holder

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
I have the Grosset electric start fitted to my C Rapide and the starter solenoid rubber holder under the battery tray has split.
I have emailed Francois regarding a new one but no reply yet (couple of days ago).
Not sure how else I can mount the unit.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 40374B3B-93AA-4924-B90C-BE243DB2D60A.jpeg
    40374B3B-93AA-4924-B90C-BE243DB2D60A.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 24

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Don't worry it's not going any where, the cables are man enough to hold it in place. Just think of the fiddle it's going to take to replace it weathers too got for spanner work.
bananaman

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Well Marcus, on one level that might be ok, but I am not at all sure that I would be that happy with a live cable untethered left to its own devices, especially so close to the rear carb and fuel etc. One big flash could be all it takes to lose your bike.

Last edited:

stu spalding

VOC Member
Hi Danno, try making a new FT 132 with a long 1/4" stud that passes right through the battery carrier and has a 1/4" bore tubular distance piece inside the carrier. the battery strap and nut goes on the end of the stud and bracketry can be welded to the distance piece tube to hide whatever you want under the carrier. Cheers, Stu.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Hi
I have the Grosset electric start fitted to my C Rapide and the starter solenoid rubber holder under the battery tray has split.
I have emailed Francois regarding a new one but no reply yet (couple of days ago).
Any help appreciated.
if I remember correctly it is a standard automotive starter solenoid mount , and should be available from any car parts stockist.
stumpy

danno

Non-VOC Member
Don't worry it's not going any where, the cables are man enough to hold it in place. Just think of the fiddle it's going to take to replace it weathers too got for spanner work.
bananaman

Yes, it has been loose for years and the cables have stopped it moving around too much.
Would like it secured though and thought easy job, just get a new holder.
Agree about the spanner work and good weather. Have spent weeks on and off fitting the Alton and have missed two shows ‘cos not ready :(
Have got other bikes though.

Last edited:

danno

Non-VOC Member
if I remember correctly it is a standard automotive starter solenoid mount , and should be available from any car parts stockist.
stumpy

Thanks. Can’t find anything after a quick search but I may take off the metal part
or the holder (bolt through the battery tray) and make up something suitable.

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Hi
Any help appreciated.
I'm fairly certain that if you contact a BMW dealer and order same item for a BMW F650 Funduro it will do the job.
Cheers Bill

danno

Non-VOC Member
Had a reply back and the holder is only available with the solenoid. Also had a look on the two main BMW spares sites and doesn’t seem to be anything in that category.
Francois suggests a couple of crossed ties so will give that a go.
Thanks for the help.