Grey Flash restoration blog up 'n' running.

Hump3

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'd like to point parties, interested in the history and restoration of an early Grey Flash, towards my blog on this matter: greyflash2751.com

I welcome constructive comment and am always looking for advice - loads of mystery regarding Vincent racing models... I have divided the blog into 3 sections: 1. History - the history of the bike, 2. Parts - the many parts unique to this model and 3. Restoration - the restoration of this important motorcycle. At the moment I'm working on uploading all the special parts on a daily basis - the restoration will be starting shortly. And I should add that this is NOT something that's going to drag on for years and years - it's taken me 10 years of researching and searching for rare parts to get to this stage and work is about to commence in earnest!

-Humphrey Smith

Len Riding Vincent Grey Flash Hamilton 100 1952.jpg

D

Deleted member 3863

Wouldn't it be more sensible to report on the rebuild on this forum?

At least the information will be available for years to come.

Hump3

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you for your interest Peter. I have gone to the trouble of buying a domain dedicated to this project and the info on the project will be out there warts 'n' all, for all to see. I felt that the project was worthy of the additional effort to write it all up in detail and I invite all interested parties VOC members and otherwise. It's rather a lot of information... Perhaps I should have published it here instead... m(_ _)m

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We have had some long ones on before, I have found them interesting, Greg's had a good following.
Cheers Bill.

D

Deleted member 3863

My worry would be that in 1, 2, 5, or 10 years time when you don't renew the domain, all the information will be lost forever.

I'm guessing the same can't be said the Vincent Clubs forum?

G

Graham Smith

My worry would be that in 1, 2, 5, or 10 years time when you don't renew the domain, all the information will be lost forever.

I hope the forum will be around for many years to come.

All the threads etc are stored dynamically on a database, so they're not displayed like a normal static page website.

Hump3

Active Forum User
VOC Member

You could be right; maybe I should've posted here instead of a dedicated blog... I can assure you that I'm putting a lot of my time and energy into this project though and I have _no_ intention of losing everything due to something as complacent as letting the domain expire.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I wrote my grey flash build for MPH and then copied the same onto the internet on my oldracer site (thats still up )but is in line for a complete refresh to cover all platforms]
Covering the new twin racer will probably spur me on but I think placing it on MPH is the best way and it gets onto the archives automatically

Hump3

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have written up my previous restoration project (V1017) and it's awaiting publication in MPH, in serialised form. That write-up was was started towards the end of the project. This time I have decided to document the process real-time. I want to maintain "flow" and posts will be regular and numerous. Perhaps there's a way for me to link my domain with the VOC site? Or even copy everything over??