Misc: Everything Else Grey Flash Replica

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would see how you get on with the 10TT9, I ran my L/ning on the road for some time and was pleased.
It was only after they messed with the petrol, That I had trouble, What was needed was a weaker slide, As I have had to do with other carb's, On my Bikes.
Wish I had not sold them.
Yours being a single, Would be much more easy to ride with.
Plan B, For me would be a Mk2 Amal 30mm.
Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
The Flash usually came with a 10TT9 32 mm carb. I have never run it on the street, but it is a nice carb to run. I have seen them with an idle screw installed, but I have wondered if you could get away with adjusting the slide cable adjusted a little tight or drilling a hole in the back of the slide. One or the other might be just enough to make it useful on the street.

David

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I have a 10TT9 1 5/32 on the TTR. It has an "upside down threaded nail" coming up from under the slide and through a threaded hole in the cap with a lock nut. A bit fiddly to adjust but will sit and idle all day long with a 12:1 piston. I drove it a few miles on public roads in Montana and whilst it has other issues (the carb that is) I could see it would be quite civilized to drive on the street, well except for the noise!

vibrac

VOC Member
Ron Kemp did the lands end trial with the same TT he raced with just a 1/4 X1/4 hole in bottom back of slide for tickover

Dominique2

VOC Member
Nice to have it on the road again ! A Belgian phoned me several years ago to know about this Grey Flash (2005), he did not know anything about Vincent bikes … I asked him to send me identification's Numbers on the engine and "frame", and send them asap to Gordon Powell who gave me the model and that story. So I told the new owner about the story and model... He spent very cheap money for it … bought in a bunch of other British Classic bikes… no news after I mailed him… no thanks , not a word ! a pity !

Somer

VOC Member
I found the remains of a road going Flash in Argentina. Forks, UFM and later the RFM. While researching, I once had a picture of Marty Dickerson's Flash. His was fitted with an 8" headlight. Another that went through Aucott's hands I think was also. The buckets were left in black too. Any one have any more info on this ? Perhaps the works was just trying to blow out excess inventory ?

Dominique2

VOC Member

the Belgian guy (E P) sent me this picture (on May 2006) asking for precisions about, he bought the bike among a bench of British Classic Bikes, engine F5AB/2B/38** chassis RE/1A/37**, one of rare Grey Flash built for road . I think he sold it and it was the one I saw in Patrick work shop (maybe)