Grey Flash Exhaust Pipe

alan wright

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Heard this nonsense as well. Probably because people heard about Patrick Godet and his business partner singer Florent Pagny who is very popular here.
Bonjour Eric and Bill, there is no doubt that Vincents are indeed French ( see attached ) in spite of recurring rumours of fakes, replicas originating from Stevenage in Angleterre !!
Additionally, is not RAPIDE a French word !!?? I rest my case.
Au revoir and amicalement, Alan

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 39
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 38

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Bonjour Alan, Must admit , My Son In Law got me going for a bit !,
Then I thought I have been to Stevenage a lot,
I think I went to 1999 Rally.
So we even spell it wrong ?, Should be Vinsau with a silent T :D .
Still Learning !.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
My TTR originally had a 1 3/4 X about 44in pipe and at 4300 RPM it would just quit revving and 8 stroke. I consulted the gurus and then made this one

2" X 34" (overall pipe length not from valve and polished stainless) and the thing absolutely came alive. The first time I opened the throttle it ran through 6K before I could even reach for the clutch to shift it and my seat of the ass dyno said a minimum of 10 more horsepower. It is running a 5X cam with 1 5/32 10tt9 and big compression. AEI mag for sparks and valve timing at 4deg BTDC on the crossover.

Sadly tho' nowhere to play with it anywhere close to me.

The pipe is made up of 3 pieces, one is a preformed standard bend, one straight section and one custom bend from the local bending shop who normally bend LARGE structural sections for industry and architectural places. https://www.advantecglobal.com/industrial/abt/
I tacked it together with TIG and then had it all welded by the local shop that does much of the stainless piping in the local food industry. When polished out was very hard to see the joints.

I made one and welded it myself but didn't back purge as it was just to prove the pipe before I made a nice fancy one!

20190427_092959.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
You need a rolling road otherwise its a morass of guesses
our testing has confirmed that a pipe just sliding over a standard pipe is better than a 2" of course that is true because nowadays a silencer is required for racing. (And for the road if you care about riding in 10 years time) the silencer and how to accommodate it within the restrictions of corner clearance and available 'classic looking' space is the difficult bit nowadays

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Those pipe dimensions were developed by AHMRA #1 plate holder for his TT bike and by many dyno runs. Not to say it is perfect for mine but clearly a huge step forward and not the pipe you saw on it in Montana

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
Bonjour Eric and Bill, there is no doubt that Vincents are indeed French ( see attached ) in spite of recurring rumours of fakes, replicas originating from Stevenage in Angleterre !!
Additionally, is not RAPIDE a French word !!?? I rest my case.
Au revoir and amicalement, Alan
Must b probably french, as it doesn´t show the patented Vincent sprung rear wheel(s). Moreover, it has a very smart pedal drive system with a minimum of links to reduce friction.