Greg Brillus Racer

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi there Bruce, well the mag is a new Joe Hunt....which is basically one of their units to suit a pre unit Triumph, instead of the cam ground with 180 degree lobes....one is ground at 205 degrees. Although not as accurately ground as I was hoping...because it is a conventional type of cam (even if it is quite small) I just took a small amount off the face of the number one lobe to match it better with the already retarded number 2 lobe. I managed to do it in situ...which worked out well. Yes Bill I will get one of my sons to video the start up, and put it on here for you. Getting close now....Cheers.....Greg.

davidd

VOC Member
Photo 60
Adobe Error.JPG

Photo 61
P7120320.jpg

Photo 62
P7120321.jpg

Photo 63
P7120322.jpg

Photo 64
P7120323.jpg

Photo 65
P7130328.jpg

Photo 66
P7140331.jpg

Photo 67
P7140332.jpg

David

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Is photo 63 one of the H. D. type decompresors ?, Nice to see the old Hemi head with the big dome pistons, Never liked this Squish type stuff they use now, Cheers Bill.

litnman

VOC Member
What brand of big block Chevy valves did you use? Most of them are undercut so high that only a small amount of the stem is still in contact with with the lower valve guide.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi there all, Ok yes Bill they are a type of HD decompressor, although they suit the big cubic inch engines and are very high quality about $160 USD for the pair. I am unsure of the make of valves, but I could find out.....I know about the ones you mentioned, that are undercut near the head, and yes that would be an issue for the lower guides. Tim the liners are scalloped out around the inlets, as when I checked the clearances the tip of the inlets was too close. I think on the front cylinder it actually clipped it. I did all the clearance checks only using the inner valve springs, which made turning the engine over much easier. There is not much left in it now, the primary cover will go on tonight, and only have fuel lines, cables, and wire up ignition kill switch and Tacho wire. The kill switch is an American Pingel brand which is a quality item...I do not want issues with dodgy switches playing up on me. My 15 year old son in the blue shirt was very happy to sit on the near complete bike for the first time, and the next is of myself. Cheers for now......Greg.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Watch that Lad !, He looks like he wants to pop to the shops on that bike !!. The only thing missing from the photo of Greg, Is the Smile !! Cheers Bill.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Sorry Bill I must admit I don't look my stunning self in that photo, the long hours are catching up with me. But beneath it all I am pretty excited about it all, the test and tuning will be fun. I can't wait to feel how the power will be on such a light machine, as all other Vincent's I have ridden are all standard road machines. I spent time tonight sorting out the extra room required for the fuel taps, a bit more wire locking here and there. The oil arrived for it today....Tim's favorite, Castor in a synthetic blend....Morris MLR 40 Ahhh I can smell it already. It really will look the business once the red and white number plates are on it......Then photo time and send off for a log book.....Cheers.....Greg.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Sorry Bill I must admit I don't look my stunning self in that photo, .
It is remarkable what you've done with this motorcycle. Unless you're only 5 ft. tall it looks like you're sitting on a 3/4 scale model. Unless I missed it in one of the recent posts I'm looking forward to knowing how much it weighs in its final form. Congratulations on creating such a beautiful and functional (and, we all hope, winning) motorcycle.