Graham and Peters Europe trip.

champion

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A bit of Fun for the afternoon....

As you may have all noticed two of our group are currently in Malta(?)
touring on bikes in the hot sunshine having a brilliant time of it!

I would love to say I'm Happy for them, but Jealousy is probably more accurate!:(

I ask you all am I the only one? - Surely not.

As while they are having the times of there lives. Im stuck at university in the midlands where its grey and not as warm, my view isn't across a sandy bay, its of a dieing tree in the garden. Having had my maths Exam today, others yesterday and next week....

So, I lay down the challenge; is anyone here more fed up and envious of them than me? If so why?

:D
Champ'on

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Yes, I am also jealous Malta is a lovely island. But tomorrow is always another day, and this time tomorrow (Friday) I will be in Menorca. Taking the kids (5 & 8 years old) for their first time abroad in an aeroplane. Actually Menorca is not to far away from Malta.

Keep up with the studying / exams. Been there, done that, and the rewards will come from the hard work.

Cheers,
Simon.

nkt267

VOC Member
Peter and Graham have left Malta and are now in Cropani Marina heading towards Brindisi to catch a ferry to Greece.
Peter asked if I wanted to go on the trip but I cannot get that much time off in one go:(
Jealous? Me?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Albervin

VOC Member
Bright sunny day here. Blue skies, blue seas & open roads. Took the Rapide out for a bit of exercise, only 35 miles. I have noticed that every time I look at the speedo (when the ba^%$#) is working, it is showing 68 mph. This is its "sweet spot", when both of us are relaxed & enjoying the ride. Of course I need to exercise the main jet sometimes:rolleyes: but I always seem to end up at 68 mph. What is your "sweet spot"?:)

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Bright sunny day here. Blue skies, blue seas & open roads. Took the Rapide out for a bit of exercise, only 35 miles. I have noticed that every time I look at the speedo (when the ba^%$#) is working, it is showing 68 mph. This is its "sweet spot", when both of us are relaxed & enjoying the ride. Of course I need to exercise the main jet sometimes:rolleyes: but I always seem to end up at 68 mph. What is your "sweet spot"?:)

Please, please, allow editing!!

nkt267

VOC Member
For those of you who are not envious of Peter and Graham I will let you know that they have not had an internet connection for days.
Currently the two wayward blaggards are enjoying the twisty roads of Sparta.
The auld paltreens are having way too much fun,and in the sunshine.
Jealous? Too damn right I am.;);)

Shadowman

VOC Member
Time to get Technical Chaps

I suspect there might be a problem brewing with my standard clutch. It is working fine however, I have adjusted the free play on the clutch cable four times now. I am adjusting it at the centre but have run out of adjustment there. I have also taken up the slack at the adjuster below the gear change
and to get through Athens centre I used the cable adjuster at the handle bar. It is as if the rod is getting shorter?
Please let me know any suggestions
Thanks and Regards
Peter in Marathon 42 kilometers North East of Athens Greece

timetraveller

VOC Member
My guess is that the push rod is wearing a hole in the operating arm inside the kick start cover. A well known fault. If you can find a local welder somewhere who has access to a hard 'Stellite; type filler rod then it is not a big job to fill it and then grind it back to shape. Biggest pain in the posterior is having to take off the exhaust pipes. Good luck.