Vincent Related Gothenburg Mafia Go Electric

On Tuesday 21st June 2022, the Gothenburg Mafia consisting of underemployed men, led by Neville Higgins went to RGNT to make sure that electric motorcycles cannot work. After a proper test drive, we are reluctant to admit that they work really well. Easy to handle, fast, economical and almost silent (whatever it should be good for).

More info at https://rgnt-motorcycles.com/...

Neville over 90 years still going strong

X8TQv-i&tn=6pGrCebhf6H4AwQo&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

Calle

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The target group is +16 year olds who have a limited distance to school or work, and who by riding a motorcycle can significantly reduce travel time and the cost of driving.

I hope to be able to drive to Nordcap next year with my Vincent, totally impossible with an electric motorcycle.

On the other hand, my machine works rather poorly in an urban environment with long queues and heavy traffic.

We must put ourselves above our own preferences in order to assess the new transport solutions in an objective way.

My old mother often said before she died. "it's lucky you are so old you don't have to worry".

We drive until the petrol runs out. Hope to see you in Wagrain.

Expect that you can drive 50-60 km before charging. What the manufacturer says has little relevance- Do you have 50 km to school or work and you can charge there, it works great.

A problem that applies to many rechargeable vehicles is that they say that the batteries can handle 1000 charge cycles. If you use the machine to and from work and charge twice a day, the batteries only last for about 2.5 years, which makes the financial calculation difficult to get together.

Last edited:

Colin

VOC Member
The target group is +16 year olds who have a limited distance to school or work, and who by riding a motorcycle can significantly reduce travel time and the cost of driving.

I hope to be able to drive to Nordcap next year with my Vincent, totally impossible with an electric motorcycle.

On the other hand, my machine works rather poorly in an urban environment with long queues and heavy traffic.

We must put ourselves above our own preferences in order to assess the new transport solutions in an objective way.

My old mother often said before she died. "it's lucky you are so old you don't have to worry".

We drive until the petrol runs out. Hope to see you in Wagrain.

Expect that you can drive 50-60 km before charging. What the manufacturer says has little relevance- Do you have 50 km to school or work and you can charge there, it works great.

A problem that applies to many rechargeable vehicles is that they say that the batteries can handle 1000 charge cycles. If you use the machine to and from work and charge twice a day, the batteries only last for about 2.5 years, which makes the financial calculation difficult to get together.
H i Calle
I fully agree with all the points you make. However an even better solution for the 16+ year olds , and for oldies as well, is the one we have adopted for the last 4 years or so, an electric bicycle (NOT a motorbicycle) for short(er) distances. It is smaller, lighter, healthier. When the going is easy you pedal. if you need a bit of help uphill, switch on the electric motor. We have very efficient folding bicycles and an even more efficient after market electrical system, called CYTRONEX. Although an unfit 84 year old I can cover perhaps 200/300 miles of mixed going before the battery needs charging. (assuming I do my fair share of pedalling) I only charge the battery,around once a month so it should last my lifetime. Cytronex system has 5 levels of motorised assistance, all easily operated .Level one gives only a little help (AND you have to keep pedalling ) and level 5 will take you up the steepest hills (providing you just keep turning the pedals, no real effort) I f you should run out of power on a journey. fold the bike up put the battery in the rucksac/bike bag.and get the train or bus. Cytronex levels of assistance are programmable by the owner and problems if any sorted out by remote problem solving by the manufacturer. Switch on the system, describe the fault on phone/tablet/laptop.hold the phone close to the system, and send. Repair usually comes straight back. All this and I am a complete computer moron! Bikes are Bromptons and motors, batteries, controls etc are Cytronex. If I should need/want an electric MOTORCYCLE it must do at least 70/80 mph have a range of at least 200 miles and can be recharged in under 15 minutes. As far as I can tell we are still a VERY long way away from that. (Where are the hydrogen cell developments, or service station battery swops)
I don't think we will get to Wagrain this time but see you somewhere. My old Mum used to say, in early days of my motorbiking, when I came home,frozen and soaking, "Why don't you get a nice little car?) If Mum could see us now!!??
Colin

vibrac

VOC Member
An Electric push bike:eek:. the final redoubt when the axe falls on the driving licence....

Cue Fervent prayer "Not yet Lord, Not Yet"