Godet Egli frame marking

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes My Slater was EV16 I think (certainy in the teens) when Roger was in a caravan in a Chaddersley Corbett wood I certainly dont ever remember an Egli/Slater with a plate for a fairing we had all sorts of lash ups on the headstock in the early days

vinhrd998

VOC Member
1620839714409.png

GuyonyConnexion

Forum User
VOC Member
When I saw "T2FW", this immediately made me think to "Tribute to Fritz W" and who else than Patrick Godet could do this "wink". This is definitely a Godet frame, not the first one but the famous frame that Patrick offered in 2000 to Fritz W to seal the deal between them (Patrick allowed to use the Egli brand exclusively). Frame may not have been numbered by Patrick as he would not build the bike. I was waiting for the confirmation from Fritz W to post which is now done. Philippe

vinhrd998

VOC Member
When I saw "T2FW", this immediately made me think to "Tribute to Fritz W" and who else than Patrick Godet could do this "wink". This is definitely a Godet frame, not the first one but the famous frame that Patrick offered in 2000 to Fritz W to seal the deal between them (Patrick allowed to use the Egli brand exclusively). Frame may not have been numbered by Patrick as he would not build the bike. I was waiting for the confirmation from Fritz W to post which is now done. Philippe
Philippe, Thanks a lot for finding out the meaning of T2FW! That was a nice surprise.
BR Patrik

vinhrd998

VOC Member
Is there a PGEV1 frame/bike out there?
Maybe Patrick Godet kept that one for himself?!
What is the earliest publicly known Godet Egli frame/bike number?
Patrik

Last edited:

vinhrd998

VOC Member
Yes it’s hard to see the jointing point but I guess good welding and grinding plus nickel plating hides it.

3C8B10F0-E39C-412D-84E2-DF1170BE29C0.jpeg

1621704639152.jpeg

Last edited: