• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Godet Egli frame marking

vinhrd998

Active Website User
VOC Member
Do any of you know what the marking on the front plate of a Godet Egli frame means?
In this case T2FW?

1620813323784.png

Last edited:

PapyG

Website User
VOC Member
This frame must be a frame from Egli. That would explain the "FW" at the end. At Godet, that does not say anything .. It is perhaps an Egli that Patrick had to assemble with a real frame of Mr Egli who him, mark them

davidd

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I don't think that there is any substantial evidence that Fritz stamped his late frames with any numbers like "T2FW". His late frames were consistently stamped with "EV" numbers. If you look at all the single frames he built subsequent to licensing the Egli production to Slater, they have EV numbers. Phil French had one that Fritz built which Phil called "DoorMouse."

In the 1970s, Slater stopped buying frames from Egli and turned the manufacturing over to Eric Cheney. Those bikes appeared to use nickel-plated frames and had the number prefix of "VIN" rather than "EV." Slater seemed to use "EV" in his numbers very late into his production, but he did have the license to do so.

Godet built several Vincents for Fritz Egli. These were Eglis that customers ordered from Fritz but were supplied by Patrick to Fritz for final assembly. I do not know what numbers were stamped on these bikes, but I would not be surprised if Patrick identified them with a number. I assume that Fritz had the ability to stamp numbers and create the paperwork for a bike he assembled at his facility during the time he owned it.

David

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Yes My Slater was EV16 I think (certainy in the teens) when Roger was in a caravan in a Chaddersley Corbett wood I certainly dont ever remember an Egli/Slater with a plate for a fairing we had all sorts of lash ups on the headstock in the early days

GuyonyConnexion

Website User
VOC Member
When I saw "T2FW", this immediately made me think to "Tribute to Fritz W" and who else than Patrick Godet could do this "wink". This is definitely a Godet frame, not the first one but the famous frame that Patrick offered in 2000 to Fritz W to seal the deal between them (Patrick allowed to use the Egli brand exclusively). Frame may not have been numbered by Patrick as he would not build the bike. I was waiting for the confirmation from Fritz W to post which is now done. Philippe

vinhrd998

Active Website User
VOC Member
When I saw "T2FW", this immediately made me think to "Tribute to Fritz W" and who else than Patrick Godet could do this "wink". This is definitely a Godet frame, not the first one but the famous frame that Patrick offered in 2000 to Fritz W to seal the deal between them (Patrick allowed to use the Egli brand exclusively). Frame may not have been numbered by Patrick as he would not build the bike. I was waiting for the confirmation from Fritz W to post which is now done. Philippe
Philippe, Thanks a lot for finding out the meaning of T2FW! That was a nice surprise.
BR Patrik

vinhrd998

Active Website User
VOC Member
Is there a PGEV1 frame/bike out there?
Maybe Patrick Godet kept that one for himself?!
What is the earliest publicly known Godet Egli frame/bike number?
Patrik

Last edited:

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories