Girdraulic Problem

A-BCD

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The best solution is to reverse the cylinder head bracket......( a friend once bought a Comet just like that, wondered why it didn't handle so well as expected !! )

hooterman

VOC Member
The best solution is to reverse the cylinder head bracket......( a friend once bought a Comet just like that, wondered why it didn't handle so well as expected !! )
A-BCD. Serious question here, now that April 1st has passed,did your friend solve the handling problem by reversing the cylinder head bracket ?

Hooterman (tone)

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Absolutely - we found that the previous idiot owner had put it on the wrong way round, so had filed the UFM a bit and forced it into place somehow !! So the wheels were about 1 1/2" out of line. When we removed the tank and put things right, it handled like a dream !!

hooterman

VOC Member
A-BCD, I'm Very interested in this, which way does the cylinder head bracket FT3 fit,looking down on the engine does the bigger offset of the head bracket face to the right or left ? on works drawing MO30 the larger offset faces to the left but this is for a twin is this the same for a single.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
I'm fairly sure that on a Comet, the wider flange is on the timing side - but never having owned a single, better check with a Comet owner !!

clevtrev

VOC Member
Here`s how you remember it.
If you`re not right at the front, you`re left at the back.
That applies to twins.
#The Comet is the opposite, for the front, it should be to the left.

Just to make that statement clear. I`m referring to the hump, not the flange width.

Last edited: