Girdraulic Forks

alscomet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
GirdraulicForks001.jpg

Having tried several times to upload a photo of these Forks via the VOC website I have had to revert to pasteing the photo on Manually through photobucket,I see another member is having difficulty and has also posted a note on his problems.
Anyway this is an article form the "Classic bike Guide" dated Feb 2011 and is included in an article about how you can get yourself a handmade bike of the twenties era and put any engine in you wish. The interesting bit is they have used
a set of Girdraulic forks, have these been supplied by the Spares company ? or where are they from.Its only for fun this post!!! Alan

vincenttwin

VOC Member
That seat looks like you might sit on it for 5 min's max , first good bump and no more kids . why do folks built stuff that is totally unusable. shame to waste a good engine and forks on trash.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
mongel or not a lot of Australian speedway sidecar outfits have Girdraulics fitted vincent engined or not so they must be good

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Agree that this is a hand-jive special. As I commented a year or so back, anyone who puts a Commando motor in a metal (i.e. non-Isolastic) frame will shake loose his teeth, eyeballs and progenerative components not necessarily in that order. I know this because an engineer who should have known better tried it locally in about 1972.What is the point of Girdraulic forks if you can't keep a hold of the handlebars?