• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Girdraulic Forks

alscomet

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
GirdraulicForks001.jpg

Having tried several times to upload a photo of these Forks via the VOC website I have had to revert to pasteing the photo on Manually through photobucket,I see another member is having difficulty and has also posted a note on his problems.
Anyway this is an article form the "Classic bike Guide" dated Feb 2011 and is included in an article about how you can get yourself a handmade bike of the twenties era and put any engine in you wish. The interesting bit is they have used
a set of Girdraulic forks, have these been supplied by the Spares company ? or where are they from.Its only for fun this post!!! Alan

vincenttwin

VOC Member
That seat looks like you might sit on it for 5 min's max , first good bump and no more kids . why do folks built stuff that is totally unusable. shame to waste a good engine and forks on trash.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
mongel or not a lot of Australian speedway sidecar outfits have Girdraulics fitted vincent engined or not so they must be good

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Agree that this is a hand-jive special. As I commented a year or so back, anyone who puts a Commando motor in a metal (i.e. non-Isolastic) frame will shake loose his teeth, eyeballs and progenerative components not necessarily in that order. I know this because an engineer who should have known better tried it locally in about 1972.What is the point of Girdraulic forks if you can't keep a hold of the handlebars?

Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.