Girdraulic Fork grease nipple

pete4000

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi everybody,

Looking for the very little grease nipples that goes on the shadow front girdraulic fork.
I've contact VOC spares, and others but not available. They only have the one on the headlug, but the thread is too large to fit the fork.
Does anyone has an idea ? Thanks.

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
try www.hle.co.uk

Harrison Lubrication - you'll need to know what you're looking for, but if they can't supply a grease/oil nipple I'm stumped.

Be warned, they call themselves the Nipple Shop - my wife wanted to know what I was buying when she saw their catalogue.

Howard

VOC Member
try www.hle.co.uk

Harrison Lubrication - you'll need to know what you're looking for, but if they can't supply a grease/oil nipple I'm stumped.

Be warned, they call themselves the Nipple Shop - my wife wanted to know what I was buying when she saw their catalogue.

Sorry I hadn't realised you were in France, I hope that translates ok.

pete4000

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Howard,

Thank you very much for the link ! And I understand the point of view of your wife ! I'm sure she was reassure when she saw the catalogue !
No problem for the sentences in english.
I've been on the site, but I don't really know wich one should go on the fork.
I will have take some measurement to know exactly which size of grease nipple will fit. Pete.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Hi Howard,

Thank you very much for the link ! And I understand the point of view of your wife ! I'm sure she was reassure when she saw the catalogue !
No problem for the sentences in english.
I've been on the site, but I don't really know wich one should go on the fork.
I will have take some measurement to know exactly which size of grease nipple will fit. Pete.
Know Thy Beast tells us that series D's were fitted with 2BA Oil (not grease) nipples.

pete4000

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you Len for those precisions. My bike is a serie C, and I have been looking at the instruction sheets, saying that the fork is fitted with self lubricating bushes, so no grease nipples.

However, this is curious, and I don't understand, because there are little holes on the fork where it seems that grease nipples comes ??

Pete

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
When I picked my bike up from Mike White many years ago ..he told me that he left the nipples off because otherwise they tended to hit the gas tank with the bars on full right or left lock...So i put grease nipples in - apply grease and then remove the grease nipples.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Ah but Gentlemen, it all depends upon where the holes are for the grease nipples! The only ones which can hit the petrol tank are on top of the eccentrics and if one wants to have grease nipples on ones eccentrics then underneath is the place to put them. To get things straight in peoples minds; lot of people have retro-fitted grease nipples to guirdraulics over the years and it is correct that oil nipples were fitted to the 'D's. If one has a 'C' with grease nipples then almost certainly they will have been fitted by some previous owner and they could be anywhere. Every now and then one sees spindles which have been drilled to allow a grease nipple to be fitted to the blank end and for the grease to come out between the bushes. That has always looked neat to me. :)

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Excellent point...I find that nipple placement is one of things that everyone has a different opinion on. None are wrong.