Vincent 002.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Vincent 003.jpg
    Vincent 003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 106

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
We would never get to see a machine like your Shadow in the UK , our climate and average living conditions prevent such careful long term storage. Also , workshops like yours are generally a pipe dream over here , few people can afford the houses that provide such capacious work spaces !! Most often we all struggle in pokey old sheds or at the end of a jam packed single car garage. I have a few friends that are wealthy enough to have massive garages , but they don't use them for anything more interesting than his & hers big German saloons and lawn tractors !! Philistines !! Yes , I am envious !! LOL !! My Rapide is 2 years older than your Shadow , had 1 previous owner and was stored off the road from 1960 until I bought it. However , storage conditions meant it needed full restoration , although it was 100% original and with all documentation. To find a Shadow like yours would render me unconscious !!

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Very nice looking. I also have a Shadow that my father bought new in '54. It was built in late '52, though, engine number 98xx. Some of the details are the same, the knurled knob for the rear stand, and the long hex nut for the hinge, instead of tommy bars, and it looks like your seat has the pattern of cover where there is no seam running sideways across the top, the seam goes all the way around the perimeter. Does the cover still have the word 'Feridax' embossed in gold at the back, instead of the Feridax metal tag? I am curious to know how close our bikes are. What number range is your engine (no need for the exact number)?

pifinch

Non-VOC Member
If the outside is anything to go by I would just prime the oilways & go for it! it looks far better than mine so I am jealous in the nicest possible way! - Thrash it, enjoy it! if it goes wrong it is fixable.

W.C.Machine

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Does the cover still have the word 'Feridax' embossed in gold at the back, instead of the Feridax metal tag? I am curious to know how close our bikes are. What number range is your engine (no need for the exact number)?
Yes my seat is embossed with Feridax in gold but I can barely make it out. Engine number is 9915