Where Are You Now? GET891

Duncan Simpson

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Attached are some very poor photos of the 1951 Rapide which I bought at auction 5 years ago.
I thought I'd ask if anyone recalls this machine, perhaps has old photos, etc.
I believe it was originally supplied by Ernest Cross of Rotherham to an E Massey. Subsequent owners (all in Nottingham) were Ray Richardson, Alfred Guyler., Malcolm Neville Head, Geoffrey Wright and John Barham Adams. Perhaps not very clear from the photos is it's unusual duck-egg blue colour, which dates back to 1959 at least. That is about all the history I know so any more would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Duncan
IMG_E0160[1].JPG
IMG_E0162[1].JPG
IMG_E0163[1].JPG

cstewart

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Attached are some very poor photos of the 1951 Rapide which I bought at auction 5 years ago.
I thought I'd ask if anyone recalls this machine, perhaps has old photos, etc.
I believe it was originally supplied by Ernest Cross of Rotherham to an E Massey. Subsequent owners (all in Nottingham) were Ray Richardson, Alfred Guyler., Malcolm Neville Head, Geoffrey Wright and John Barham Adams. Perhaps not very clear from the photos is it's unusual duck-egg blue colour, which dates back to 1959 at least. That is about all the history I know so any more would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Duncan
View attachment 29967View attachment 29968View attachment 29969
I like the tail unit on the rear Mudguard. Doesn't look out of place and a nice fit. Is it still on the machine today?

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Duncan, I'm looking on the VOC machine database again and we have most of the above owners you've listed but not E.Massey, Ray Richardson, or Malcolm Neville Head. We have a Malcolm Hood listed, which might be Head.
I'm presuming they are off the old log book, so can you email me a copy of it to research998@voc.uk.com
Cheers
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I thought it Twas mine for a second, 1970 was a Blue year !, Sorry, Bill.

Attachments

• DSCN0266 (2).JPG
    DSCN0266 (2).JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 30