• For any queries related to registration, engine or frame numbers, the only Club Officials who have access to the Vincent Factory Records and worldwide ownership details gathered by the VOC since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher). Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • New Member Special Offer

Join the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club today, and get a special offer of 14 months for the price of 12 (your membership will expire on 31st December 2020)!

There is a mass of information, including many thousands of technical articles which have been written since the Club started in 1948, which are only available to Members of the Club. Once you join, your membership of this forum will be upgraded and you'll get access to them, as well as many other features.

To join, simply click HERE and follow the simple instructions.

Ron and Linda Thomas - Membership Secretaries.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Where Are You Now? GET891

Duncan Simpson

Website User
VOC Member
Attached are some very poor photos of the 1951 Rapide which I bought at auction 5 years ago.
I thought I'd ask if anyone recalls this machine, perhaps has old photos, etc.
I believe it was originally supplied by Ernest Cross of Rotherham to an E Massey. Subsequent owners (all in Nottingham) were Ray Richardson, Alfred Guyler., Malcolm Neville Head, Geoffrey Wright and John Barham Adams. Perhaps not very clear from the photos is it's unusual duck-egg blue colour, which dates back to 1959 at least. That is about all the history I know so any more would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Duncan
IMG_E0160[1].JPGIMG_E0162[1].JPGIMG_E0163[1].JPG

cstewart

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Attached are some very poor photos of the 1951 Rapide which I bought at auction 5 years ago.
I thought I'd ask if anyone recalls this machine, perhaps has old photos, etc.
I believe it was originally supplied by Ernest Cross of Rotherham to an E Massey. Subsequent owners (all in Nottingham) were Ray Richardson, Alfred Guyler., Malcolm Neville Head, Geoffrey Wright and John Barham Adams. Perhaps not very clear from the photos is it's unusual duck-egg blue colour, which dates back to 1959 at least. That is about all the history I know so any more would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Duncan
View attachment 29967View attachment 29968View attachment 29969
I like the tail unit on the rear Mudguard. Doesn't look out of place and a nice fit. Is it still on the machine today?

Lambers

VOC Member
Duncan, I'm looking on the VOC machine database again and we have most of the above owners you've listed but not E.Massey, Ray Richardson, or Malcolm Neville Head. We have a Malcolm Hood listed, which might be Head.
I'm presuming they are off the old log book, so can you email me a copy of it to research998@voc.uk.com
Cheers
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Jon
I will send you an email as Duncan provided all that when I helped him reclaim the orignal reg back in early 2015.
Simon

Can't Find What You Need?