George Maltby

ET43

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Sadly, George Maltby passed away around the early eighties I believe. Len Matthews would know, being a good mate of his. George was the man responsible for me joining the V.O.C. when I lived in Bermuda, and when George was a mechanic at Pearman, Watlington and Co, on Front street, Hamilton, so I have a lot to remember and thank him for. Phil Primmer.

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Phil is quite right. George passed away a long time ago. At one time he lived at Witham, Essex before finding work in Bermuda. He had an open D outfit which evntually found it's way to the late Ken Bagley. George rode this machine all over Europe in support of the British ISTD team which was not easy bearing in mind Communism hadn't fallen at that time. Complications arising from diabetes resulted in a return to England for surgery involving the loss of both legs below the knee. This didn't prevent him from attending the 1977 Shadow Lake Rally in a hire car. Whilst in Canada he bought a Harley starter motor which he intended to graft onto his Vincent but sadly time was against him and the project was never completed. Late in life he married Maggie who supported him during his final days. He was one of the most enthuiastic and knowlegable Vincent Owners that you would ever hope to meet.

Last edited: