Genuine Egli frame.

B

Bikersally

Just wondering what the scoop is with Genuine Egli frames? The frame in question maybe for sale and it has an 'F' stamped on a plate up near the headstock. From what I've been told the plate is 'dished' and the stamping job looks rough. Is this a fake? How many different people make these things and how are they identified? I have seen frames on 'The Bay' but wonder if they are any good.

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dear Bikersally,

Only one person is authorised to build genuine Egli frames: Patrick Godet. Patrick does not sell frames, only complete bikes. All other frames are copies. There have been many frame builders and there still are several builders making new frames. Many builders sell good products, but steel frames can vary in fit quite a bit. All Egli frames built by Fritz Egli are stamped with a number starting with an "EV". The number is on the headstock. The number is often folowed by a single letter which shows the revision level on the frame or what changes had been incorporated.

David

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Just wondering what the scoop is with Genuine Egli frames? The frame in question maybe for sale and it has an 'F' stamped on a plate up near the headstock. From what I've been told the plate is 'dished' and the stamping job looks rough. Is this a fake? How many different people make these things and how are they identified? I have seen frames on 'The Bay' but wonder if they are any good.

Hi,
The only real way is to check the tube zeze it will be in mm and should be 25mm David is corret they all had a EV stamped in the head stock.
Terry Prince.

davidd

VOC Member
For those who do not know, Terry Prince built and designed the original frames for Fritz Egli and has supplied Vincent enthusiasts for years with many Vincent parts including his own frames, which are quite sought after. Also, congratulations to Terry for just setting a record of 123 Mph at Bonneville in the side car class. Thanks Terry.

David