gearbox woes.

Chrish

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi All,

If I can call upon the collective knowledge of this forum on a gearbox question, if the G50 is not setup correctly i.e. the battery tray is either pushing or pulling the G50 would the result be a hard selection of first and second gears but not third and fourth and also the difficult selection from second up to first gear.:(

As an aside, is there a collective noun for a group of Vincent owners, my choice is a “forum of Vincent’s” any others?;-)

Chris

vibrac

VOC Member
You have screwed getting answers to your real question now

Always been a 'gaggle' of Vincents but nowadays its just a 'stand'

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Chris, Try it with the battery tray loose, Also Vins feel hard to change by hand, It helps to turn the rear wheel while you do it, We are talking 63 year old bikes so not like the new stuff. Good Luck, Bill.

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
This sounds like a selector adjustment problem. If you have moved the nuts on the battery plate so the just touch the back of the G50 and tested for flatness with a six inch rule across the face of the G50, after tighetning the footrest nuts, you should be Ok, with that. Then go through the instuctions in the Rider's Manual to set up the selector mechanism. Ken

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
To borrow from actual animal group names, and because of the alliteration, how about Volary (aka Volery), or Venue?

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
You have screwed getting answers to your real question now

Always been a 'gaggle' of Vincents but nowadays its just a 'stand'
I thought at first, a blether, then a discussion then, an argument of Vincents i'll leave it to the cognoscenti.

On the request, the stuff that slides out of the side of any discussion can be gold.
Chris

vibrac

VOC Member
I think I have seen the colective thread before
general feeling was not my Gaggle it was a Clatter (obviously no lead in the timing covers)

b'knighted

VOC Member
I'm sure that if we check the most common topic on these forums we will find that we ought to be "a clutch of silly old Voccers"