Gear Lever

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes it's my Ex L/ning, I love the long indicator, If you have a sticky clutch, You just reach down and put it in neutral, Which I do all the time now even on a bike with a standard indicator, The fact that I am tall ish makes it easy anyway.
Funny my first Twin I bought in 1965 had a long one, But in steel, And the weight made it over run gear changes,
This one I made out of a sheet of Alloy, And did the taper by hand.
I love making stuff in alloy, It's easy and you can polish it on the buffing wheel, Looks better than new and it won't go rusty !.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Yes it's my Ex L/ning, I love the long indicator, If you have a sticky clutch, You just reach down and put it in neutral, Which I do all the time now even on a bike with a standard indicator, The fact that I am tall ish makes it easy anyway.
Funny my first Twin I bought in 1965 had a long one, But in steel, And the weight made it over run gear changes,
This one I made out of a sheet of Alloy, And did the taper by hand.
I love making stuff in alloy, It's easy and you can polish it on the buffing wheel, Looks better than new and it won't go rusty !.

There's a lot of satisfaction making stuff from scratch but I don't think I'm in the same league as you Bill, but I have a go, I'm pretty good on the polishing machine though, Alloy & Stainless come up pretty good.
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
That looks interesting Tim, though I have visions of me being tied to a post & then shot for going a step too far, what with my Multi Plate Clutch, Disc Brakes, Walkernator & Modified Steering Stem :)
Cheers
Dave