Gear Lever

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Your cranked footrest(s) may be of interest to others to defray the costs of buying the straighter items.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I was going to say, you need to try it with the correct footrest piece FT72 (LH) or FT72/1 (RH). I thinmk you might find that works better!

Robert,
I`d tried the standard ones which is why I got a pair of Michael Breeding`s extended ones as in the photos.
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
If you don't want to weld the foot piece, They used to drill and tap and fit a small grub screw,
So that you could screw it in and out, Until the foot piece points out straight.
Good luck. Bill.

Bill,
I think this is the answer I was looking for, I think most of my problem is with the F52 not being quite right so isn`t putting the footrest square.
I think the grub screw idea will correct all that, but still think I`ll have to extend the gear lever foot piece.
Cheers
Dave

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Dave, I would appear that you joined the forum in 2007, have you ever compared your standard set up with other owners, or even managed to just sit on someone else's bike, I am sure that it is all easily solvable using standard parts.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Echoing Peter, I am over 6 feet tall and have plenty of adjustment, so small or tall most people should be able to get a comfortable position for riding, braking, and changing gear.

You`re probably quite right Ed.
Some of my problem is undoubtably down to having a bit of a wafty ankle along with everything else that`s defective on me :)
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Dave, I would appear that you joined the forum in 2007, have you ever compared your standard set up with other owners, or even managed to just sit on someone else's bike, I am sure that it is all easily solvable using standard parts.
Hi Peter,
I`ve only sat on mine so far, I did look at some other set ups at the Pie & Pint meet recently & came to the conclusion they all looked similar to mine.
Sometimes I find that asking helps point me to the obvious answer thats staring me in the face, this time it being the pattern F52 causing some problems.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
If you make the gear lever foot too long, I am worried you will get a twisting action,
The lever is only alloy, Don't how bad your ankle is, We all seem to have something wrong with us !.
I know I am getting OLD, Everything hurts, But as long as I can do things for an Hour or so, It all good.

erik

VOC Member
gear lever 002.JPG