Gear Lever

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I think this footrest is not good for cornering.To far outboard and to low it is may be in some cases dangerous.To be able to lean the bike to its Limit in curves is very important for emergency reactions.This way the road Comes easier to its end.For me a no go.And the hiking boots are to stiff!Erik

vibrac

VOC Member
1574753673794.png

as described in above post the early B gearchange

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Here is a photograph of an F72/1. It is one that I have recently straightened after a "traffic incident".:mad:

f72 Footres.jpg

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
If you don't want to weld the foot piece, They used to drill and tap and fit a small grub screw,
So that you could screw it in and out, Until the foot piece points out straight.
Good luck. Bill.
Dear Bill,
Great tip about drilling and tapping for a grub screw. I'll put it on my L_O_N_G list of things to do.:)

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I looked at using the dropped footrest pieces but saw the same problem so fabricated a pair that didn't come out as much, still didn't like these so made a new pair of hangers from old Triumph/BSA kickstarts, there are photo's of the brake side under "TWIN FOOTRESTS" here are ones of the right side.
SDC10006.JPG
SDC10008.JPG

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Ah, that's just a temporary battery clamp knob, I'd lost the original and the battery's off so the clamping thing is laid on the battery tray, it's on this side as mine has two front heads as you can see in the other photo.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I am sure that with standard footrest hangers and the later solid gear lever you will have all the adjustment that you could ever need, it is a masterpiece of design, and seems to suffice most peoples diverse needs, but then again I am pretty short so perhaps not the case for you tall guys, of course I am assuming that nothing is bent, worn out or misshapen.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I am sure that with standard footrest hangers and the later solid gear lever you will have all the adjustment that you could ever need, it is a masterpiece of design, and seems to suffice most peoples diverse needs, but then again I am pretty short so perhaps not the case for you tall guys, of course I am assuming that nothing is bent, worn out or misshapen.
Echoing Peter, I am over 6 feet tall and have plenty of adjustment, so small or tall most people should be able to get a comfortable position for riding, braking, and changing gear.