GBP1,000,000 Vincent !!

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
For a better look at the real world try
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/197...&MR1_list_grid_result=list&MR1_lot_number=318

Ok the 'last series 'C' lot 319 and an 'A' twin lot 318 were astronomical but they both have not been ridden in anger for years and sit in museums real vincent "like what we ride" a few lots further on were not excessively higher and I dont think the basket case sold lot 343(one last year that went for more than a complete machine ) while the TT rep a rare bird 'only' got £33K lot 341

timetraveller

VOC Member
Have a look at the photographs. There are so many things which are incorrect that this has to be either a joke, a typing error or on the 'wish list' of some poor deluded soul!!

b'knighted

VOC Member
The £1,000,000 Vincent (worth every penny) has had its price revised. It was previously a classified listing at £49,000 but asking for offers.

I watched the Bonham's auction and noted that the A twin sold for a hammer price of £200,000. The buyer had to pay £225,500. I don't know but I expect that the seller only got £174,500 so who made the most out of the deal? The commission should buy the auctioneer a Shadow of his own.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Have a look at the photographs. There are so many things which are incorrect that this has to be either a joke, a typing error or on the 'wish list' of some poor deluded soul!!
I do not think for one nano second that the vendor expects to receive £1.000.000.00 for a very ordinary (if any Vincent is ordinary) Series B Rapide, he is obviously seeking attention for his advert, successfully it would seem, I would expect it to top out at around 28k, if he is lucky.

Albervin

VOC Member
If he was fair dinkum he would post a picture of the numbers or state it was matching/non-matching numbers, shirley :) Has anyone ridden a bike with the front brake arms on "backwards"? I can't think why they wouldn't work.

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
If he was fair dinkum he would post a picture of the numbers or state it was matching/non-matching numbers, shirley :) Has anyone ridden a bike with the front brake arms on "backwards"? I can't think why they wouldn't work.
If memory serves someone, way back in MPH, claimed that having the outer edge of the brake cam bearing on the end plate of the leading shoe exerted more pressure. Unfortunately this introduces a possible wear problem on the cables because of the angle at which they have to leave the balance beam adjusters.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Whilst I agree with Nulli, the "a" was sold for 191,000 on the hammer at Bond street, I was there. I wondered at the time if there was another profit left in it on the day.