GBP1,000,000 Vincent !!

Alf Sandford

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I always knew as Del Boy would say say "This time next year We'll be Millionairs" Would you buy a bike from someone who dosn't know which way to assemble the brakes, what else has he got wrong. In his first listing on Ebay he coments how bad the brakes are and questions what Vincent's were thinking about.I think we all know the answer to that

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I agree he said the brakes were rubbish but I can't see what is wrong with this assembly. There was for sale in the US, an expensive B Shadow of dubious parentage being discussed a week or two ago that had its front brake arms pointed backwards but as I don't think that bike was riding it didn't matter.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I wonder if having the brake arms pointed to the rear of the machine gives less aerodynamic drag = greater top speed.

Alf Sandford

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Look at the photo of the nearside of the bike, the brake arm is facing backwards, in the offside photo it is facing the right way, I also saw the position of the brake arms on the US Shadow. How can anyone get somthing as basic as that wrong, I think it's all a big wind up. At GBP 1,000,000 it got to be.

Albervin

VOC Member
I have seen a picture from the late 1950s (in America) with the brake arms reversed on a racer so it may not be a "mistake" but have some physics behind it. And as far as written English goes, be careful Ray as some regular posters on this forum would not pass muster. When at school I had a spelling test every week and if I got less than 48/50 I was very annoyed. It has been downhill since then and I have forgotten more about spelling rules and many other rules than I care to relate. Then again some of the younger (sub 30 years) were never taught spelling, "tables" or manners :-(